For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: Proclimb M 2012 and beyond

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2018, 10:45 PM
Currently: keeping tahoe sledding
kidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default electrical gremlin

I've been curled up in a ball sobbing the last few weeks. This problem required a helicopter ride after two visits to a dead sled in the field yielded nothing.

After sitting in my garage for 2 days the fvcker fired up 2nd pull.

I've got a wonderful condition that only manifests itself occasionally and so is about impossible to diagnose.

2016 proclimb 800 that absolutely will not start under certain conditions, usually after being run for a few hours which would indicate heat soaking something electrical.

I don't need a bunch of 'just add some gas to a cylinder' and 'check your compression' posts, all that's been done. And plugs, and everything else straightforward. I've already tried all the obvious shlt. For a year now.

What electronics are affected by heat and/or prolonged use? Electronics that will return to fully functional once 'rested?'

Voltage regulator? Stator? Harness?

I've already got a fuel pump coming so that's getting replaced regardless. But my sled won't start only once it's been run for a while meaning I won't know it's fixed until multiple outings. Just need some ideas on what I might be missing. Fuel pump and stator are my big candidates but what else?

Your loud can sounds stupid

2018 AXYS
2016 M8000

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 PM
Currently: Dreaming of riding in deep, deep powder!
Frostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond reputeFrostbite has a reputation beyond repute

My 09 M8 had one of the wires that power the fuel injectors chafe down to a bare wire in one spot. When the engine got warm the exhaust heat shield by the Y pipe had chafed the fuel injection wire when it expanded from heat. Once the insulation had been worn off and the heat shield touched the bare spot on the wire my sled would die and would not start. After several hours, once the engine (and exhaust) cooled down the sled would start. This left me stranded.

On my 2015 M800, I have had it not start as well. Drives you bat sh!t crazy when everyone else in the group is ready to go and your sled won't start. I thought it was the Teth-air I installed but, it did it once I removed it as well. If I don't let it idle down before shutdown, sometimes it won't start. I think maybe the temp sensor is getting heat soaked? I even tried another ECU and it's better but, it still does it occasionally.

Sorry, that's about all I can come up with for you off the top of my head. I will be watching for the silver bullet to show up.

Last edited by Frostbite; 12-16-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:07 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 1,056 Times in 721 Posts
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

replace the stator!

Old 12-16-2018, 11:12 PM
Currently: Helena MT who wants to go sledding?
High Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Voltage has a reputation beyond repute

Tough one to diagnose, when it’s not repeating on regular basis. When my stator went bad it would act worse the more load that I applied. Good luck.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:20 PM
kidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, that's some good info.

I've checked injector wires and they seem fine. I haven't peeled back the wire looms to look but maybe I will.

I know even the c-tech motors won't start when heat soaked. But "it's just a cat thing" doesn't fly anymore when I don't get out of the woods until 8pm in December. I'm done with this crap and just want it fixed.

The whole time pulling during the day/night it died and the next day the lights were flickering and the gage was lighting up while pulling. So it's not a dead stator per se. I guess I need to open some connections and check voltages while pulling. Fuel pump connection, injector connection etc....

2018 AXYS
2016 M8000

Old 12-16-2018, 11:25 PM
kiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond reputekiliki has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

when you have a broken wire in the stator it will work cold as the wires will keep contact once they warm the wire will not keep contact until cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to kiliki For This Useful Post:
kidwoo (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliki View Post
when you have a broken wire in the stator it will work cold as the wires will keep contact once they warm the wire will not keep contact until cool.
That's a very logical explanation of what I've been experiencing. Thank you.

So are you talking about the coil itself or the connections around it? As you know stators come it two parts, both pretty expensive....

Of course I have the outlier instance of it not starting the next day after sitting out in the woods overnight. That was a first. Not sure that jives. Maybe too cold?

2018 AXYS
2016 M8000

Last edited by kidwoo; 12-16-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Garage

the coil it's self. it can show OK on the meter but when it has to pass current it will not do to load of the current. remember when using the puller for the fly wheel only turn the bolts in 5 full turns. fyi. its only about a 45 min job or about 1.5 beers.

kidwoo (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiliki View Post
the coil it's self. it can show OK on the meter but when it has to pass current it will not do to load of the current. remember when using the puller for the fly wheel only turn the bolts in 5 full turns. fyi. its only about a 45 min job or about 1.5 beers.
If it's a bad stator coil, you think you'd still see output when pulling? As in I was seeing the lights flicker and the gage lighting up when on the rope. It's putting out something......although maybe not enough to actually start.

2018 AXYS
2016 M8000

Old 12-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Garage
kidwoo (12-16-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 12:00 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 12:26 AM
Currently: Dont worry, be trashy
Thanked 4,400 Times in 2,847 Posts
Elkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 08:24 AM
Currently: Spendin cash burnin gas
Basic Member
tswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond reputetswan has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 08:38 AM
john6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond reputejohn6719 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 11:15 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 01:31 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 01:33 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 01:40 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 03:19 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Currently: Dont worry, be trashy
Thanked 4,400 Times in 2,847 Posts
Elkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond reputeElkaholic4life has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Currently: Hoping for a good year
mightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond reputemightymoko has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2018, 11:00 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Castforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond reputeCastforcash has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Castforcash For This Useful Post:
kidwoo (12-19-2018)
Old 12-19-2018, 10:39 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 12-19-2018, 08:42 PM

Click Here to Register