• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FXR is working on snowbike boots!

jaredXwoodsman

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2011
Deerfield, NH
Posted on Brock Hoyers story on Instagram.
2qlbh5i.jpg

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Klim is close to releasing a snowbike boot also.

I hope so because if that's what their calling a one ski boot they just flat out missed the boat .

How hard is it for these guys ? They already make snowmobile boots . So why is it so hard to transition this ?

The Elevation boot and this boot would be a good start .

For multiple reason , maybe I need to explain that too .

I'm sure he's a great rider and panders for a pay check but that sucks .

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Here's one example ,
Does anyone believe their motocross boots could take a hit like this from a stump , rock or what ever is under the snow when boondocking .
My foot would of been busted up not to mention most middle of the road leather/synthetic moto boots offer no protection for this kind of riding .

Yes , I know , I'm the bad guy .

IMG_20171211_071859460.jpg

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
I believe for a moto boot to be ready for the cold would be way easier than taking a snowmobile boot and make it work for snowbiking. I believe moto boots have more protection then snowmobile boots. Hence why I'm running Forma Terra's, they may not be the warmest but they have a waterproof lining and stiff sole along with toe and ankle protection.

Be nice to see a mix between a moto boot and adventure boot with some insulation in it. Doesn't have to be much.

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI
Here's one example ,
Does anyone believe their motocross boots could take a hit like this from a stump , rock or what ever is under the snow when boondocking .
My foot would of been busted up not to mention most middle of the road leather/synthetic moto boots offer no protection for this kind of riding .

Yes , I know , I'm the bad guy .

Nah, not the bad guy. These forums are important feedback for the products we buy. If no one speaks up, it could potentially take longer for the necessary changes to be implemented. I'm actually frustrated how long it's taken for some of the crap to be addressed.

This Snowbike Revolution is a paradigm shift and the businesses that supply product seem to be cautiously crossing over. Let's face it, no one wants to come out with a new product and fail. A warehouse full of product that doesn't sell would be a nightmare, plus recalls destroy profit. Any company can be butchered on Social Media and be turned upside down almost overnight.

Business can be brutal.

I also am curious how difficult it is to know how many kits are being sold from each company, since traditional sleds sales have an Manufactures Statement of Origin, ours don't have an Engine, therefore aren't registered like a typical snowmobile. How do they determine supply and demand for a season so short, as they are looking at this years sales while developing for next year. :juggle:

One Example, Klim came out with a nice Snowbike bib/pant a few years back. A buddy of mine melted them on his exhaust manifold 1st weekend out. He was cold wet and miserable, yet didn't want to ruin a trip for the group, cause **** happens. Klim changed the pant for the next season and added more protection to them, and sent him a new pair IIRC. I'm a Klim fan!

This SnowBike Experiment is still alot of trial and error. :spider:

I agree, Motocross boots with all the armor and protection seems like the direction to start from, but how big and bulky are they going to get with the insulation? No company wants to go down in history being bashed. This reminds me of Yamaha, I wondered how long it would take Yamaha to change the sled after the RX1Ton designation. :face-icon-small-ton I'm sure a new clod hopper boot will just fly off the shelves if you can't shift the bike.

I love Snowbiking, and can't wait for all the parts and pieces of this sport to come together. In the mean time I hope I don't mess up my feet waiting on a quality snow boot to be developed. I'm glad you're being critical of the new boots, but I'm going to wait until I can see them in person, or buy them before I yank out the Lantern, Axe and Pitchfork to hunt them down. Cheers!

jaredXwoodsman

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2011
Deerfield, NH
I'm hoping Brock can help develop a useful purpose built boot. I get what your saying about protection. Having a snowboot with the protection of an MX boot would be key. As well as insulation and impact resistance.

Premium Features