• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2017/18 Snowbike boots

R

RaceDeck

Apr 14, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
I know it's been discussed in the past, but is there any new 'great boot' out there for snowbike? Warmth , ankle protection, low toe profile , et?

I have the Klim GTX boots now..the MotorFist Alpha's look interesting..anyone use these or compare?

Last edited:
V
Sep 14, 2017
Kent, Washington
I can't decide on what boot to get either. I come from the dirtbike world so I'm used to big stiff boots. I've always used my snowboard boots in the past for snowmobiling. But now I'm lost. I want a strong stiff boot for snowbiking, but it needs to be waterproof and warm. Snowboard boots are too big.

I was leaning toward Klim GTX, so yey or ney on those? Do they have enough protection?

I have both kick and electric start, I will mostly electric start but will kick occasionally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I can't decide on what boot to get either. I come from the dirtbike world so I'm used to big stiff boots. I've always used my snowboard boots in the past for snowmobiling. But now I'm lost. I want a strong stiff boot for snowbiking, but it needs to be waterproof and warm. Snowboard boots are too big.

I was leaning toward Klim GTX, so yey or ney on those? Do they have enough protection?

I have both kick and electric start, I will mostly electric start but will kick occasionally.

I like mine a lot. They are very warm, yes too big, no not stiff enough or armored enough for every hit, but I did stuff my foot between a tree stump and the case and came 9/10 of the way to broken something, but ended up just sore so they did their job. For me warmth was first, but I don’t ride as hard as some guys.

R
Oct 6, 2017

I personally use a size big Motocross boot. Alpinestars tech 8. Wear a heavy wool socks then a waterproof sock. Sprayed the boots with waterproofing and love it. Always stayed dry and warm enough and know I'm protected

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

T
Nov 1, 2011
Kingston, Idaho
I went with the Fly Marker boot. Comparable to 600G of Thinsulate, waterproof, and reasonably rigid. They are very stiff in the sole, so standing on the pegs is comfortable. The toe is not oversized, but still has good protection and feels good on the shifter. Decently priced as well.

I have both Alpinestars and Fox motocross boots, but they are not big enough to add extra socks so even when I tried them in the spring my feet froze. I suppose if you had enough room for lots of socks, they would work. Even without a waterproof layer, my feet were dry, just not warm...

R
Apr 18, 2016
Toucans here and I was happy. I did blow out a buckle strap and Alpinestar was great on fixing them. They are pretty close to my normal moto boots on protection thickness etc but warm with a thinsolate lining. My feet get cold so I also use a battery powered set of insoles. With this set up my feet were comfy for multiple tanks of gas.

V
Sep 14, 2017
Kent, Washington
I still can't belive no one makes a MX snowbike boot. Come on companies!

I wear a hinged tech 7 enduro for dirt riding.

Aplinestars needs to make a tech 7 snow boot... no i dont want the tucan.
Right!? I've waited this long to get into snowbiking thinking everything would finally be dialed and the industry would be ready. But nope! Totally unprepared still. I have my timbersled and new bike... But my fit kit is backordered!? Cool, watching the snow fly all over and can't ride because I can't hook my bike to the sled!!

R

RaceDeck

Apr 14, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Right!? I've waited this long to get into snowbiking thinking everything would finally be dialed and the industry would be ready. But nope! Totally unprepared still. I have my timbersled and new bike... But my fit kit is backordered!? Cool, watching the snow fly all over and can't ride because I can't hook my bike to the sled!!

Same here. I got my new Aro Le but the TSS install kit is not here yet

AnythingOutdoors

Lifetime Membership
Jun 17, 2013
Yup same, snow checked the aro 120 le with TSS and they don't have my fit kit. What bike are you putting it on?

Sorry to hear so many people waiting on fit kits, I know POLARIS had issues with this in the past but would hope that they got it all worked out..... Sounds like they haven't. On my snowtech MX kit I purchased last year, the got kit came when I got the track.

Anyways, back to the OP question, I use the same boot for both winter and summer, Gaerne Balance Oiled. I'm cheap I guess. Just trail ride in the summer, no MX riding for me. Not super stiff boot, but that's what I personally like about it. Its water proof so good for stream crossing's in the summer and haven't gotten wet get in the winter. I just wear warmer socks in the winter to keep them warm.

https://www.motardinn.com/motorcycl...gEtALoYiTaVXNimKRsBoCfbYQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Olzy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2015
Yup same, snow checked the aro 120 le with TSS and they don't have my fit kit. What bike are you putting it on?

Same here... $500 down on spring ordered LE came in 3 weeks ago and no fit kit and the TS sent a non LE with standard shocks, I left it until it gets worked out, Then I'll pick it up and pay for it if we're not into the winter season already:face-icon-small-con
Boot thread derail, should start a new thread to see if anyone has received a fit kit with the spring ordered TS kit.
2016.5 KTM 450SXF FE here.

Olzy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2015
I hear Moose is coming out with a snowbike specific boot.

jaredXwoodsman

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2011
Deerfield, NH
You'd think with the growth of snow bikes someone would pull the trigger. Talked to the guys from Fly last spring while I was out in Idaho about making an insulated / waterproof boot geared towards snow bikes. They didn't seem too interested in the idea. It's funny though because they make a bib for snow bikes. So why not make a boot?

I'd like to see a boa style moto boot, waterproof, insulated, with a toe slightly larger than a normal moto boot. My HMK's are ok while riding but the kick starter is chewing them to ****.

Premium Features