• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DIY Hydro Dip Kit for Snowmobile parts

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Interesting...

Who wants to be the test mule?

Edit... just watched the video. Any other/better sources of this stuff?

Last edited:
S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
I've done it. I digital camo'd my shotgun. Its a pretty cool process but it takes a little more than what it shows. It was very picky about room and water temp. Once you get a good pattern going you'll dig it. You'll also need a good size tank of water,bigger the better if you have big parts.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Been there, done that....

You get what you pay for like anything else. If your okay with spray painting a new color on your car then you will love it on your sled.

When a part is properly dipped, the actual dipping procedure is just an additional step after it is professionally painted. So with those kits, your paint is spray paint, your activator is spray paint (not ideal), and if your film is in a too humid of a climate it will bubble and wrinkle up...

Lots of variables for those to be done "right", which would be definatley not using one of those kits.

For a "Professional" look of corse. If you just want to mess around its definately fun to do!

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I was watching "How its Made" the other night and they did a segment on Snow goggles. Was very interesting! When the graphic'd the rubber frames they use this process. They sure make it look EZ:face-icon-small-coo. Now back to reality:face-icon-small-ton

S
Apr 4, 2008
Been there, done that....

You get what you pay for like anything else. If your okay with spray painting a new color on your car then you will love it on your sled.

When a part is properly dipped, the actual dipping procedure is just an additional step after it is professionally painted. So with those kits, your paint is spray paint, your activator is spray paint (not ideal), and if your film is in a too humid of a climate it will bubble and wrinkle up...

Lots of variables for those to be done "right", which would be definatley not using one of those kits.

For a "Professional" look of corse. If you just want to mess around its definately fun to do!

I agree - stay away from the spray-paint dip kits. We are using the pro-grade dip kits (you mix the paint and hardener). An extra step, but well worth it IMO...

1200psi

Nov 26, 2007
logan ut
www.poweraddictionracing.com
I have done a little with it. Deffinatly pretty dang cool my Par 1100 Pro is completely done in it. Carbon panels and hood with skulls on the tunnel.

Talk to Misselbait on here he ownes Intermountian Hydro graphics and can hook you up.

Brad

junk 005.jpg IQ1100 003.jpg IQ1100 002.jpg junk 008.jpg Resize of IQ1100 002.jpg

Premium Features