For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: 1M 2001-2005, all models in the Mountain Cat / 1M chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Currently: More powder please
sierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond repute
Default 03 900 low rpm hesitation bog/high rpm loss

She's running goofy. Rough idle with a hesitation and bog on the low end. Mid range snappy as usual. Loss of top end rpms by about 1,000. Noticed a slight loss of high rpms the weekend before the low end bog appeared.

Plugs look good. Pulled on the power valve cables and they pull freely and snap back. I watched the servo and it does nothing if I blip the throttle wide open. But, after it comes back down to idle the servo rotates real quick and then goes back. Never watched the servo in action before so not sure how it is supposed to behave?

Threw half a tank of 91 in before I started having problems. Also filled my 2010 at the same time and it runs fine so the gas isn't bad. Could 91 make it run this poorly?

Any suggestions on what to check?
2010 M8 SnoPro 162" - Mods, most everything accept a turbo.
2003 Cat 900 1m 151" -

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Currently: Not set.
Idcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought on the low end rough idle and bog is a plugged pilot jet which would give you a hesitation when you hit the throttle. I think you are on the right track with the power valves for your problem on the top end. When you start the engine watch the servo, throttle up slowly and it should cycle once if things are working correctly. If it cycles three times that usually means something is not right and it will not open the valves when you are running. I would check the cables. Unhook them from the servo and see that the free length is the same. I have two different service manuals with two different figures as to what that length is supposed to be. I will try to look it up and post back. Your half tank of premium should not be causing what you are describing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Idcatman1 For This Useful Post:
sierraclimber (01-03-2011)
Old 01-03-2011, 11:25 AM
sierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond reputesierraclimber has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks a lot for the ideas. I will check everything later today. Great to have an idea of what the PV servo should be doing. My service manual says the length on the cables for a 900 should be 1.2 inches.

So is a servo "cycle" a quick down and back motion that takes about 1 second?
2003 Cat 900 1m 151" -

Old 01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Idcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman1 has a reputation beyond repute

yes and that sounds right for the length of the cable also.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 AM
01polcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ?

What should the cable length be for my 04

Old 01-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Currently: IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!.....AND IT'S DEEEEEEP!
snailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond reputesnailbait has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the spring or spider in the driven clutch is not broken. Have seen that cause similar issues that you describe.
I have an 03 that I just did the cables on...and the dealer told me 1.55..or 1 1/2 inches on the length of the cable. Only been out once, but she ran great.
Good luck,
Steve

Old 01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Currently: Lovin the M Series!
Basic Member
fishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same issue with the same sled!! Turned out to be the throttle snow safety switch thingy. (im told not all throttles have them though)

Disconnected the kill switch and the problem went away.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 PM

Interesting on the cable length. Here is what I have from the service manual.

900 cc range - 29.6 mm (1.17 in.) - 30.6 mm(1.20 in.) - 31.6 mm(1.24 in.)

The 700 however has close to the specs the dealer told you.
700 cc range - 36.15 mm(1.423 in.) - 38.15 mm(1.501 in.)

That is crazy about the throttle safety sensor and the fix is to disconnect the kill switch. I guess if it works don't knock it. My key broke off in the switch so if I disconnect the handle bar kill switch I won't be able turn her off!

Looks like I won't have time to work on her till next week but appreciate the ideas! I'll be looking at all possibilities.
2003 Cat 900 1m 151" -

Old 01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Basic Member
fishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond reputefishtank has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, im the opposite, my kill switch got snapped off. We replaced it with a self tapping screw but its hard to pull the screw up with gloves on so my key is now my kill switch. :P I hope I dont go over the handlebars again and snap it off, could make the next trip interesting!!!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
MODERATOR: Premium Member
Idcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond reputeIdcatman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Old 01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Arctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond reputeArctic Thunder has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 01-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 PM

Click Here to Register