For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Currently: Not set.
byeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond repute
Default snow hawk vs. snow bike

What are the pro and cons on the two ,does one work better in certain conditions. Please educate me someone ,Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 07-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Currently: Looking to buy an xm
Basic Member
DragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond reputeDragonSlayer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Snow Hawk can perform in fluff and the snow bike can't. Depends the type of riding you do. If you like the flat stuff with trails the snow bike would be fine.
My experience with the snow bike was poor. Bike won't go anywhere if the snow was not as hard as a rock.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 PM
byeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond reputebyeatts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer1 View Post
Snow Hawk can perform in fluff and the snow bike can't. Depends the type of riding you do. If you like the flat stuff with trails the snow bike would be fine.
My experience with the snow bike was poor. Bike won't go anywhere if the snow was not as hard as a rock.
I,ve been sleding forever and have a short track[144] for setup snow.The hawk looks like a better alternitive for non powder days. am I correct for backcountry riding? I,ve never been on one.Where do I find one and what am I looking for?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
Currently: on Snowest
Location: Everett WA. 4 minutes from work,one hour from the mountains
2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute2Thetopp has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the Timbersled Mountainhorse set up, I don't even own or ride dirtbikes but I'd like to ride one of these. They seem to have the right concept compared to other kits that I've seen, when the snows gone you simply remove the kit and throw on your wheels, can't do that to the Snowhawk.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Currently: thinking about snow
Summitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond reputeSummitseeker has a reputation beyond repute

I got to test ride these bikes a few years ago and I was amazed on how well they did in the deep and steep. Yes...the new Timbersled setup looks amazing and would love to throw my leg over one with a 530 to 650cc bike!

I stole these pics from another thread but you can see it is not hard pack. They will never replace my boosted sled but they are very fun to ride! Never been on a snow hawk so I cannot comment.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Thunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant future

I found the Hawks last year and fell in love with them. I didn't ride my sleds once all winter. I attended last year's Hawkfest in Utah and got to ride several snowbikes, but not this new Timbersled Mountianhorse.

They were fun and they have there place in the world, but I don't think they hold a candle to a Snowhawk. For the price of a kit to add to a motorcycle, you can buy a Hawk. You will wear out the engine and transmission of your motorcycle with these kits. From what I've heard they just can't stand up to the demands of the application.

Having said that, what do you want to do with it. If you don't have access to wide open spaces and the mountians and are looking for something to play with in a smaller area you will enjoy them. They are a lighter weight machine and that's an advantage when riding in tighter areas. They are not legal on the trail system in the northeast.

This new Timbersled kit does seem to be a major improvement in terms of capability in the steep and deep, but again between the bike and kit you're looking at $10 - 12K and a $3,500 Snowhawk 503Fan will still eat it for breakfast.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:57 AM
Thunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant futureThunderhawk has a brilliant future

Buy and watch the "Snowhawk Addiction" videos. There is a lot of footage of bikes with both the Explorer kits and the 2Moto kits. These videos will show you the operational differences between snowbikes and Snowhawks. As the saying goes, "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Old 07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
SNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond reputeSNOW JW has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm Thunderhawk I think you are wrong on your comment about the Engine's holding up. Also the Timbersled is not even in the same ballpark as the other snowbike kits I rode it in the powder and it did great we had a 2moto with us and it was fun but got maybe a 1/4 as far as the Timbersled if that. But I have have not rode the hawk and Timbersled side by side so It would not be fair for me to make a comment.

As far as the Engine Allen had 2 450's rode them since mid season almost all week every week bolth have got to be over the 2k mark by now and the one he is doing dirt on this summer has got to be well over 2k and not a penny was spent in the motor or tranny so that in itself is amazing.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them I had a blast on the timbersled setup and I am used to a M8 on 8-10lbs of boost. The Snowbike did great in powder and hardpan easy to get unstuck (super light) and I was able to go through tree sections that I have never been able to do in the snow. I also like the fact when I sell my bike I keep the kit and swap to a new bike so wile the first part was spendy I will be able to keep it year after year and keep the track kit.

One things for sure the Single ske sport is starting to pick up speed as far as the Hawk I think if just one of the big 4 would build a lightwight hawk EFI setup I think it could sell out and then some if they were to market it right with Demo rides as I know Allen at Timbersled said 80% of his sales were all from Demo rides and right now he is very busy building them for customers.

Last edited by SNOW JW; 07-22-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
off road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting to ride the timbersled product. It addresses several issues that are problems with the other designs. I am sure it kicks **s
As a previous owner of a few different snowbike kits, I moved to a modded Hawk. I really liked the snowbikes but did experience what Thunderhawk is talking about.
In the tight trees nothing will touch a nicely setup snowbike.
A lightweight machine has huge advantages over the heavy Hawks in that circumstance.
However The Hawk Kicks but everywhere else. whoops , hill climbs, top speed. Even a well designed track/suspension setup wont make a difference there. Power is everything. The Hawk is very well balanced at speed.
But you cant buy a new Hawk and even if you could thats only a starting point, as in stock form they BLOW. They are not equal machines and should not be thought of as such.
Then again we are out there to have fun and the snowbikes certainly are that. I have no doubt that the Timbersled kit is very high on the fun factor.
I cant say my Hawk is always fun.. Heavy.Hard to move, maintenance whore, and sucks fuel like a drunk sailor with a bottle of gin..
I would like to have the new Timbersled product, perhaps thats the next addition to my garage? But my Hawk isnt going anywhere..
Plus the dirtbike conversions all need better lights
Sell a ton of them!!!

www.cyclopsadventuresports.com

Get more fun out of riding, ride at night with Cyclops Race Inspired lighting!
(800)624-0278

Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Currently: taking a timeout...again....and again.
Banned
snowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Basic Member
Flip77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Currently: Yamaha Proto-Type '08' Just Waiting for This One !
Basic Member
Iced Wave 5-0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Iced Wave 5-0 For This Useful Post:
rideon1972 (12-25-2010)
Old 12-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Currently: Waiting for the new year!
FrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Currently: Waiting for the new year!
FrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond reputeFrozenMOTO has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Currently: taking a timeout...again....and again.
Banned
snowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond reputesnowhawkaddict has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register