For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 09:41 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Ranger4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2013 skidoo summit 800 xm chaincase removal

Looking to see what the best way to remove the complete chaincase from the sled is, also does anyone know if there is a correct balance for the jack shaft or bearings? New to the thread. Does anyone have a link to buy new complete chain cases?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-18-2019, 10:16 PM
Currently: Undefeated Mountain Clutching Champ of the World!
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The aluminum big scary looking rivets need to be drilled out. They drill out super easy.
When disassembling take pics of everything.
When reinstalling the chaincase, get the plate that goes inside the tunnel that bolts to the back of the chaincase. It makes the job easier. I can’t remember where to get them.
You can do it!

Old 03-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Currently: Riding till it's all gone
wwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond reputewwracer has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, they'll also snap right off with a sharp chisel, the huck rivets on top are the worst to get too. All in all, kind of a nightmare job, ranks right down there with an oil tank replace job. I have a complete chaincase if your looking for a used one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg case.jpg (63.5 KB, 39 views)
13XM163 X killed by a moose
05 RTK1 154 mod dead and gone (thanks god)
06 800HO 154 mod

The Following User Says Thank You to wwracer For This Useful Post:
kanedog (03-19-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 12:43 AM
Currently: Airing it out
AKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond reputeAKDoug has a reputation beyond repute

Do yourself a favor and remove the fuel tank first. Then the track and suspension. Pull the muffler, then the cover from the chaincase. Pull the chain and gears. Move on to removing the drive shaft. Remove the secondary jack shaft (you may need to whack it hard with a plastic mallet) Now use a cold chisel and pop off all the rivets from the chaincase. The hardest ones are on top behind the oil tank. Remove the oil tank mounting bolts, to loosen things us to get to the rivets. Install new chaincase using 6mm bolts and the plate from 'Doo. It really isn't that hard, just time consuming.

The reason I say remove the fuel tank is that on the 2013's there is very little clearance between the oil tank and the fragile fuel tank fittings. I horsed things around too much and snapped one of mine off.. a $200 used fuel pump setup and I was back in business.