For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Michigan U.P., etc.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Currently: Flatlanderextraordinaire
SnoWest Badge Maker
Cerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default 155s in Michigan are too long!!! NOT!!!

How many Michiganders do we have here that ride a 155 sled, have it be on the trail or tearing it up in the UP out in the sticks?

I bought myself a 155 pro rmk this year and I can't tell you how many people have lectured me that it is not necessary to have a sled that long and that a 137 is all the track length you need.

To prove my point I asked a few fellas if they wanted to come show us how it's done on a ride on Friday and most of you that live in MI know that the Sault has been getting dumped on, thank you mother nature . So Friday came and we met up and went for a ride, we got to a little secret spot I know of in the Sault and proceeded to take them there on their 137 pro s machines. They ended up getting stuck about 7 times and the majority of them were just ski tug stucks and they were moving again. When we got to the clearing and hills we set him free and sat back as these guys tried showing us that a 137 is all that was needed.

After the day was over their tunes quickly changed and apologized to me and my friend for ragging on us about having these sleds. I told them for the riding we do this is what we like and when it comes down to it, it is all user preference and this year I'm happy to have a 155 sled.

This tuesday we are taking a guy out that has a 121 with an inch and three quarter lug so see if his tune changes as well.

It would be fun to hear your experiences with having a long tracked sled in Michigan and having people tell you that its not needed so post up them stories of being lectured! Michigan forum has been too quiet!

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cerialsledder For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-29-2019), NorthMNSledder (01-29-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:06 PM
Currently: Waiting...
longlugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond reputelonglugs has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, a post in the Michigan forum, I'll bite!

Most Michigan riders don't know the meaning of backcountry riding or they wouldn't make stupid comments like your acquaintances. Sure, if you're into jumping and flipping your machine a shorter track will take more of a beating. If you're going to venture into the backcountry (Huron Mountains, Keweenaw, etc.) a 155" is the minimum I'd recommend. Most of my group has gravitated to 163" tracks and I actually ride a 175" (although I spend more time out west).

Stop wasting you time yanking on short track sleds and find riders with longer tracks!

2018 Summit X 850 175"
2016 Axys Pro RMK 800 155"

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to longlugs For This Useful Post:
Cerialsledder (01-29-2019), christopher (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 06:03 AM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Cerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlugs View Post

Most Michigan riders don't know the meaning of backcountry riding or they wouldn't make stupid comments like your acquaintances. Sure, if you're into jumping and flipping your machine a shorter track will take more of a beating. If you're going to venture into the backcountry (Huron Mountains, Keweenaw, etc.) a 155" is the minimum I'd recommend. Most of my group has gravitated to 163" tracks and I actually ride a 175" (although I spend more time out west).

Stop wasting you time yanking on short track sleds and find riders with longer tracks!
I have noticed the dealers over west of here have been stocking quite a few 163 machines. I think Pat's motorsports in Greenland had a few the last time I was over that way a few weeks ago

Old 01-29-2019, 06:08 AM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage

Quote:
Too long has the Michigan forum been quiet. It's time to make noise and rattle some cages!

Quote:
Most Michigan riders don't know the meaning of backcountry riding
I Agree with you fully on this but sometimes in order to get a point across you have to take them out and show them a different world outside of their little snow globe life.

Quote:
These guys are members of our local snowmobile association and like I said earlier its fun to take someone out and show them a different world, granted it usually means I'm helping get them unstuck and shovel but it is usually quite fun!.

Last edited by Cerialsledder; 01-29-2019 at 06:31 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cerialsledder For This Useful Post:
christopher (01-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 02:14 PM
Currently: Doing the Sidekick Switch
Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,006 Posts
richracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond reputerichracer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Most Michigan riders don't know the meaning of backcountry riding or they wouldn't make stupid comments like your acquaintances.

From what I've read on the Facebook All Axys Group page most just like to go WFO from bar to bar......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richracer1 For This Useful Post:
05900 (01-30-2019), Cerialsledder (01-29-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Currently: Trying to find a good duck hunting hole
Basic Member
salmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond repute

I assume the party you rode with on short tracks were not experienced in the backcountry, so their comparison is mute.

So I will add my 2 cents. I live in Michigam, but I have a place in Colorado. I used to ride both now I just stay in CO for winter. With that, I learned my backcountry skills in CO and would play in the UP when I had to be at home. My sled in MI was a 137 and I assure you I took that sled in more places anyone has been in MI. Never once did I thought I needed a longer track. If you need a 155 to ride MI you have it to compensate for your riding skills. I sold my MI stuff yrs ago, mainly because it was not even a challenge to ride a 137, but if you have a spare 121 around, shoot me a pm and I will come ride with ya. If better yet, bring your 155 out to CO and I will get a 137 and show you a 137 will work even out here.

Last edited by salmonbum; 02-10-2019 at 05:26 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to salmonbum For This Useful Post:
Cerialsledder (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 07:40 PM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbum View Post
if you have a spare 121 around, shoot me a pm and I will come ride with ya. If better yet, bring your 155 out to CO and I will get a 137 and show you a 137 will work even out here.
I don't have a 121 but I did keep my 900 Switchback 144 around for a backup. Just didn't have the heart to sell the old B!tch plus, I have too much damn money wrapped up into it to ever get close to making any money back on it LOL!!!

Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Basic Member
salmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond reputesalmonbum has a reputation beyond repute

You still have a 900? And it runs? Damn. You need to contact the museum up there west of the mighty Mac.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonbum View Post
You still have a 900? And it runs? Damn. You need to contact the museum up there west of the mighty Mac.
LOL it should still run. Has a full Indy specialty motor in it which is mainly the reason why it would hurt so much to sell it, mainly the wallet hurt!

Old 03-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Currently: Not set.
Thanked 1,121 Times in 391 Posts
tdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to tdbaugha For This Useful Post:
Cerialsledder (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 04:03 PM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 03-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to salmonbum For This Useful Post:
Cerialsledder (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Currently: With your wife
Basic Member
sledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond reputesledr3405 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 03-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-12-2019, 11:07 AM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM
tdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond reputetdbaugha has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Cerialsledder (03-15-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-13-2019, 02:36 PM

Click Here to Register

Cerialsledder (03-15-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 03:04 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 AM
Currently: Going Left!
Indy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond reputeIndy_500 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indy_500 For This Useful Post:
Blk88GT (03-15-2019), Cerialsledder (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:18 AM
SnoWest Badge Maker
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register

Old 03-15-2019, 04:41 PM
willjogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond reputewilljogervais has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willjogervais For This Useful Post:
Cerialsledder (03-18-2019), tdbaugha (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Basic Member

Click Here to Register