Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: Pro-Ride 2010 and up, all models in the Pro-Ride chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
MooseMN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vibration rubbing noise

New to forum searched a few pages couldn't find anything. My 16 SBA TD has a vibration rubbing noise that started pretty intermittent now is consistently happening when coming to a stop or slow turn to left. To me sounds like track rubbing on something. Looked over suspension and bearings tightened track and chain tension nothing has helped or made it worse. Any suggestions would be great thank you.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-12-2019, 12:08 PM
gtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond reputegtwitch has a reputation beyond repute

recently had a upper idler wheel (plastic) loose a bearing and spoil the wheel at the rear of the running board and a vibration to follow, new wheel and bearing and problem went away.
gtwitch in wyoming

The Following User Says Thank You to gtwitch For This Useful Post:
MooseMN (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Basic Member

Went out again today to pay more attention to when it happens and noticed it gets more noticeable the longer I ride and don't seem to notice in powder. Changed belt with no change. I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't my ggb trail can. It started shortly after I installed it. Any thoughts. Puzzled

Old 03-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Currently: Getting ready for mudding
Basic Member
14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Sounds like the sounds I was hearing on my 18 Axys.
Exactly how I described it sounded like track rubbing and heard worse turning.
Turned out to be jackshaft bearing

The Following User Says Thank You to 14RMK144 For This Useful Post:
MooseMN (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14RMK144 View Post
Sounds like the sounds I was hearing on my 18 Axys.
Exactly how I described it sounded like track rubbing and heard worse turning.
Turned out to be jackshaft bearing
How did you find it. Was there play in shaft? Was it secondary side or brake side?

Old 03-12-2019, 10:07 PM
Currently: Getting ready for mudding
Basic Member
14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute14RMK144 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Shop found it was under warranty so just brought it in SORRY can't be more help.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you might have something coming loose in the suspension. Probably a bearing as mentioned. Loosen the track up all the way and remove rear wheels, pull skid out, leave track in (avoid pulling driveshaft at first). Now you can check skid for everything and then check driveshaft with track still on it...yank back and forth to see if it is loose. You will find it that way. If driveshaft, you will obviously have to pull that and fix. Basically, more tension in the right situation is letting something come loose and the track rubs due to slack.

Also check entire drive system...shafts, bearings belt, clutches.

The Following User Says Thank You to jim For This Useful Post:
MooseMN (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 05:26 AM
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Yep, you might have something coming loose in the suspension. Probably a bearing as mentioned. Loosen the track up all the way and remove rear wheels, pull skid out, leave track in (avoid pulling driveshaft at first). Now you can check skid for everything and then check driveshaft with track still on it...yank back and forth to see if it is loose. You will find it that way. If driveshaft, you will obviously have to pull that and fix. Basically, more tension in the right situation is letting something come loose and the track rubs due to slack.

Also check entire drive system...shafts, bearings belt, clutches.
I guess I have a summer project now that it's raining here in MN. Thank you for confirming my feeling of suspension related. With seeing nothing wrong I was beginning to doubt myself.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Currently: Keyboard highmarking at its best.
jim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond reputejim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
With seeing nothing wrong I was beginning to doubt myself.
Yep, I know the feeling. The thing about rear suspensions with a big track is that everything seems tight and under tension when you check it quickly by hand...but that is because the entire track is putting each part of the suspension in tension in a single direction. Now, ride it and load it different and a lose bearing or wheel or mount is allowed to go loose because the direction of the tension reversed. And if you find one bad bearing somewhere, replace all bearings related to or around it...because those aren't far behind and they are cheap to replace while in there.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to jim For This Useful Post:
MooseMN (03-13-2019)