• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1ST Annual snowmobile grass drags Billing MT

S
Mar 31, 2008
Billings Mt
1st Annual grass drags being held in Billings oct 18-19th!! It is a Benefit for a friend who broke his back in the sand dunes this fall!! We are holding kids classes sleds and 4 wheelers, sleds of all shapes and sizes so bring yer 120 and yer turbos, nitrous, or just yer plain ole stocker!! We are also holding a side by side race too!! There will be a 5000.00 pot devided between the classes!!! NO COMPLAINING ALLOWED!!! It is a benefit!! Any details call Tyler Johnson 406-861-0288 Joe Muller 861-5631 or myself Darren Schmaus at 697-2958!! Thank you and please come support a family in need!! This event will be put on in years to come for a outdoor family in need as well!! come help us make this event a great one!!! sponcers and donations are welcome!! There will be a silent auction at the Railyard sat night!! some of the donations...Fly, HMK, THUNDERSTRUCK, Paul Thacker donated a helmet, Joe Parsons X-Game riding gear was donated!! just to name a few. Thank you for your support!!!

Last edited:

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
Bout time we get something like this in Billings

I talked to Tyler the other day about it, we'll be there.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Where exactly will it be held? i know Billings but where in or around Billings?

Can you go into some class details like what is alowed, ya know is stock stock or can ya have lightweight products and a can? or???? what's improved? whats modified?

Lookin' foward to being there and maybe competing :devil:

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I will be up from Rigby Idaho on my old 2001 700 I hope to do better than bozeman. I work at Rexburg motorsports and did hear about that accident it is a terrible thing and you guys are doing a great thing to help him and his family through this tough time

T
Jan 12, 2008
I would just like to say it is pretty cool you guys are doing this. Are you going two lanes, side by side 500 ft, or is this just timed? I want to know conditions of track. Is it smooth, grass or mostly dirt. I am reaching speeds of around 95 mph. Is there enough room to shut down? Let me know if there is going to be open mod. 600, 700 and 800. Can we run spikes? If we can not, I can not come. Thanks
600 open mod 340lb. Soon to be fastest man on earth!

S
Mar 31, 2008
Billings Mt
THE strip is mostly grass we rolled it the other day so it should soften up but we wanted to get it as smooth as possible!! it is a 500 foot race and we should have 400+ feet of shutdown...ground is free of rock so thats great!! We are runnin pretty much the same rules as Bozeman drags..
sleds:
stock one bolt on
improved two bolt ons
mod anything other then turbo or nitrous
outlaw is outlaw
4 wheelers:
2wd
300 and down
300 and up
outlaw
4wd
500 and down
500 and up
outlaw
altered fuel runs in outlaw no mater what!!!
NO TRACTION DEVICES OR STRAPPING OF SUSPENSIONS!!
Bozeman is letting us use their lights and three of there staff are comin down to help run it!! We are hoping to have alot of sleds here it is off the zoo exit in billings it is very easy to find it is right next to the Rib and Chop house and the wingate motel!! Rooms are avaiable at the wingate and the extended stay america but get them fast!! Rodeo is in town that weekend!! camping is allowed at the course as well but plz take out what you bring in!!
Any more ?s please let me know and thank you for helping us out!! hope to see you all soon!!!!!

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
THE strip is mostly grass we rolled it the other day so it should soften up but we wanted to get it as smooth as possible!! it is a 500 foot race and we should have 400+ feet of shutdown...ground is free of rock so thats great!! We are runnin pretty much the same rules as Bozeman drags..
sleds:
stock one bolt on
improved two bolt ons
mod anything other then turbo or nitrous
outlaw is outlaw
4 wheelers:
2wd
300 and down
300 and up
outlaw
4wd
500 and down
500 and up
outlaw
altered fuel runs in outlaw no mater what!!!
NO TRACTION DEVICES OR STRAPPING OF SUSPENSIONS!!
Bozeman is letting us use their lights and three of there staff are comin down to help run it!! We are hoping to have alot of sleds here it is off the zoo exit in billings it is very easy to find it is right next to the Rib and Chop house and the wingate motel!! Rooms are avaiable at the wingate and the extended stay america but get them fast!! Rodeo is in town that weekend!! camping is allowed at the course as well but plz take out what you bring in!!
Any more ?s please let me know and thank you for helping us out!! hope to see you all soon!!!!!

No traction devices????? What about open mod? All of my friends run traction on their open mod laydown sleds. It's the only way to get a short tracked laydown sled to make a pass. I think you should allow traction (studs) in the open mod class.

RYDPWDR

Premium Member
Aug 15, 2002
Billings,MT
Wrong exit spud

Dmon, its right over along the interstate at the Polaris shop off of King Ave

It's the new zoo drive exit and it's right across interstate from the skidoo/cat shop called Hi Mountain Rec

F

FASTRAC

Nov 27, 2007
Helena,Mont.
What price of entry fee is it going to be (per class)? Is this going to be a two day (start one day and finish the next) race or one day race? What time is it going to start and when to sign up? Thanks Fastrac

S
Mar 31, 2008
Billings Mt
Entry fees are 25 per class and yes race sat and finish sunday!! probably race till around 5:30 or 6:00 depending on how many entrys we have!! silent auction starts at 7 or 7:30 so we want everyone to have enough time to eat and get ready!! Start registration at 8 i beleive till 10:30 and start racing about 11:00!!

T
Side X Side Races

I also wanted to mention that we will be having side x side drags as well, so everyone with a Rhino, Prowler, Terex, RZR, etc. bring it along too! Also wanted to correct Darren, the auction start time is 8 P.M. Saturday evening at the Railyard Ale House.

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
Any word on studs for the open mod lay down sleds?

SD530184.JPG

Premium Features