• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Industries Cares

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Just thought I would get this started
We have 1 in the Doo section

It would be cool to see them respond
To ease some fears
And clear some things up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Too bad they don't really care... but good luck with the thread. First they start making a big deal about the 850, then they make a big deal about snow checks. Then they screw up deliveries on a bunch of snow checks, you know, because they "care". After all that hype it turns out the 850 motors, examined by one of the best builder in the business, may have been delivered with serious flaws. Then consider that this is FAR from the first time they have delivered crap motors in new sleds.

I had three in a row recently, two of the three had serious issues. SUPER happy I went back to Cat.

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
It would be nice to get the information on the 850 issues to Polaris engineers and get their thoughts, or maybe a Polaris rep that could pass on the info. But with all large companies, that is difficult at best.

If these issues continue to come up the dealers will have a service letter of some sort I would think. That doesn’t help the ones with issues and have waited for this awesome 850 they are throwing out there.

The selling prices for 2017 and 2018 used/new sleds just went up a few dollars.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I think the Dealers and maybe even some regional reps may care, but, beyond that you would need to be a major share holder to get a response.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I am sure they are Lurking. Due to competition and security of intellectual property I am sure they are not allowed to post so anyone would know they work for Polaris.

Don"t Forget that Polaris is a large corporation with share holders. They have a bottom line that has to look good for investors. Do they want great products and want to be number 1 in their segment. Of course they do. But at the end of the day it is still a big corporation with a lot of red tape in the way.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
So does the CEO of Ford call you guys every time you buy a pickup or have a service call on one? This is ****ing retarded. Polaris sees issues with sleds through their warranty department. They also see peoples complaints and complements on here. It is asinine to think otherwise. Pay attention to changes on sleds, marketing campaigns, etc. They are geared towards ideas directly addressed on this forum. I realize Trump tweets at you every day, but most leaders are smart enough not to get into pissing matches with their followers.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I am sure they are Lurking. Due to competition and security of intellectual property I am sure they are not allowed to post so anyone would know they work for Polaris.

Don"t Forget that Polaris is a large corporation with share holders. They have a bottom line that has to look good for investors. Do they want great products and want to be number 1 in their segment. Of course they do. But at the end of the day it is still a big corporation with a lot of red tape in the way.

Bingo.

B
Oct 31, 2010

As far as I know every snowmobile manufacturer is a large corporation with shareholders with a profit in mind. You probably know as an entrepreneur that (long term) profit comes with customer satisfaction and that the companies that think short term profit usually don’t last very long.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
As far as I know every snowmobile manufacturer is a large corporation with shareholders with a profit in mind. You probably know as an entrepreneur that (long term) profit comes with customer satisfaction and that the companies that think short term profit usually don’t last very long.

When you have an issue with your government do you call Donald Trump or do you speak with local representatives?

If you have issues talk to your dealer. They are your support staff, communication link, and service department.

Long term profit is prioritized by these corporations by employing a long term dealer network to support their customers and keep them satisfied.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
well they probably don't care about motors, umm 900, dragon 800, early pro can't tell ya how many pistons we put in along with a few blocks and cranks. Polaris response ? uhg motor broke, clearance good at .015 inch...normal no warranty.....

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
And all have had their issues and quality problems. Quality and customer satisfaction is always important but doesn't always come out that way at the end or to every customer. It's a lot easier to control with a small business than a large public company.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Are you guys serious?! Lol. This borders on full on narcissism and/or delusion to think Polaris is going to chime into an ever less relevant forum on an issue that may or may not be real in the first place.

Polaris is a publicly traded company. My day job revolves around qualitative financial analysis (fancy talk for "I'm a news analyst for US equities").

Quite literally Polaris could get in trouble with the SEC if they disclosed something here and failed to put it into an 8-K filing (if deemed material). Now this being material is very unlikely. In fact, they probably haven't even aggregated the number of failures in full yet as those have to be investigated on a case by case basis.

Everyone just needs to calm down. Go ride their sled and have some fun.

As a guy who once upon a time had a medical issue that I incessantly researched online (and was convinced I was doomed) one thing we all fail to realize is there is an intrinsic bias to the way people post online...

The motives are either to...

1) Learn or have a bit of a debate (which is a form of learning - and seems less prevalent in these ideologue-ish times)

2) Complain about something that is wrong. Put another way, if your sled is running awesome, you are a lot less likely to jump online and go "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT ME, MY SLED IS AWWWEESSSOMMME!" - on the contrary, if you are out for a few weeks/month, you absolutely will go online and go "UH OH!"

This is the "exaggeration of the internet" - and when you fail to recogonize that the internet does not in fact represent the full sample size, it can be easy to be *certain* of something that is anything but...

/sweet blog post.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
well they probably don't care about motors, umm 900, dragon 800, early pro can't tell ya how many pistons we put in along with a few blocks and cranks. Polaris response ? uhg motor broke, clearance good at .015 inch...normal no warranty.....

You're right.

Polaris hasn't improved their engines since then....

Polaris hasn't tried to reassure us that they have more rigorous testing procedure than they did in the past....

Polaris hasn't gone with a 4 year engine warranty showing their faith in the new 850....

Polaris hasn't focused on listening to what WE want in a sled and taken major steps into making that a reality over the years.....

You sir, are living in the past while also trying to predict the future.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
You're right.

Polaris hasn't improved their engines since then....

Polaris hasn't tried to reassure us that they have more rigorous testing procedure than they did in the past....

Polaris hasn't gone with a 4 year engine warranty showing their faith in the new 850....

Polaris hasn't focused on listening to what WE want in a sled and taken major steps into making that a reality over the years.....

You sir, are living in the past while also trying to predict the future.

Sorry i've been building engines for 35+ years and some of the total **** they sell in new sleds is HORRID...and yeah I ride one as well as own there stock..... i'm not even getting into cooling, electronics,belt drives, a-arms etc etc

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Sorry i've been building engines for 35+ years and some of the total **** they sell in new sleds is HORRID...and yeah I ride one as well as own there stock..... i'm not even getting into cooling, electronics,belt drives, a-arms etc etc

...so what do you expect them to do, keeping costs under $15K, for a vehicle that can go where no other on-land vehicle can go in the winter? You call it "****", I call it a marvel of modern capitalism. Be realistic dude. You get so.much.technology. for the money its crazy. Polaris has an operating margin of 8.4%. This means they are either incredibly poorly managed or you are asking for far more out of a $10-15K machine than is humanly possible in 2018.

Premium Features