• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 850 demo sleds struggling in Norway.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
its like bolting on a 50cc weed wacker.
KTM weed wacker at that

Just seems like some are getting to carried away. Throwing panties on stage if u will.
I don’t fallow ski doo but how similar are there 800/850’s?
That was Granny in the show room after she snowchecked,
Granny gave 'Biler her old 850 Doo ask him

With a fuse?
Made from old Doo belts

You guys........

Take a half a second and read who posted the “weed wacker” post. Non other than “snowmobiler”. Need I say more? If you need a explanation. Just look at a few of his recent posts. Nuff said. You guys take all
This WAY to seriously.

Granny must have the wifi working again so he is back in full force.
He posted this at the Polaris dealer..free WiFi there

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
With all else being equal though u say?! I see people posting stock 850 vs stage 2 800 or a 800 with at least some credible mods (other then just a can) and saying 850 walks away.

Now if one wants to say stock 800 vs stock 850 then yeah sure. The one vid I seen of stock v stock was a pretty close one. Just seems like some are getting to carried away. Throwing panties on stage if u will.

I don’t fallow ski doo but how similar are there 800/850’s?

The stock 850 walked away from several piped, clutched sleds and one that was ported, piped and clutched. I know this for a fact so nice I personally spoke to the riders and owners and f those sleds. Notwithstanding Andrea Nguyen the power difference, the 850 handles better than 17s and 18s with very expensive aftermarket narrow front end kits. It is the real deal. Pile on if you want but you will want one in the fall!

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
I was on a Polaris demo here in Norway one week ago. They had 7 2019 sleds, where 5 had the new 850 engine in them. Two 850’s were not running at all, and 1 was fouling spark plugs and you had to pull MANY times before it would fire up. I believe they stoped running it just after I leaved. Don’t know what the issues were, but was told it was electrical.

Not trying to bash any sleds or brands, just telling what Ive seen.

BTW, the sled in the photo further up is a 2019 SKS 850 146".

ABDF4708-E2E6-4719-B37E-A055D2E7F375.png

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Weights against what OTHER clutch specs (springs/helix) in a turbo sled?

The weights are 4 grams heavier with the same springs and slightly steeper helix.

I hear the same helix in the 2019 800's as well.... but that is just a good rumor.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Update!

Got to test the demo sleds in question this past weekend.

Conditions were nothing short of awful, but was able to do some pulls and get a feel of the powerband compared to the 800HO.

Tested both the 163" PRO and 146" SKS, upon starting the sled it was apparent that it runs smoother with alot less vibration, standing side by side with a Titan running the 800HO this was really easy to see.

Really liked the new front end on the PRO, did not take much input to lay over, but felt rather stabil all in all.

Sleds pulled strong with no issues while we where there, but, they supposedly had received new ECUs since the earlier demos.

Last edited:
S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I test rode the SKS 155", Pro 155", XC 129" and SKS 146" last week.

The 155" sleds ran awfull, had completely wrong clutching setup, especially the SKS ran like crap.
New narrow front end on the PRO felt great.

The XC 129" ran awsome!! Extemely entertaining sled, if I rode more/only trails this would definitely be my choice!! I laughed out loud several times when the flipper hit the bar :face-icon-small-hap This sled really goes!!

The SKS 146" ran very good also, close to the XC.

The terrible setups on the longtracked machines was due to the fact that they arrived in Sweden the night before the first roadshow and that they have not had time to adjust the calibrations to our close to sea level altitude.

Was disappointed after riding the 155"s but after trying the shorter ones I felt better and quite confident that the longer sleds will run as good as the others when the productions units gets here.

Got a quota for a 155" SKS but I m starting to consider the 3" 155 Pro instead to get the new narrower front end and still get a conventional chaincase which I definitely want.

Last edited:

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That's very interesting comments about the XC - I have an RMK and was planning on adding the 146 SKS for those less snow riding days. Do you feel the XC was more fun than the SKS 146 for all around riding?? Did the wide front end lay over ok? Thanks!

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
That's very interesting comments about the XC - I have an RMK and was planning on adding the 146 SKS for those less snow riding days. Do you feel the XC was more fun than the SKS 146 for all around riding?? Did the wide front end lay over ok? Thanks!

They were short test rides so I will not claim that I have fully evaluated these sleds in all conditions but if you are keeping the RMK for the fluffy days then I would get the XC for the trail/hard packed/low snow riding for sure. Especially if your RMK is a 155" getting the 146" for lower snow conditions sounds a bit strange.
I ride mostly off trail with nice boondocking/treeriding starting where my lawn ends so I have been on 155" sleds since 2010 and will continue so, but the XC made me wish I could afford two sleds :face-icon-small-hap

I really liked the XC, it was hilarious and the suspension worked really well, a bit soft but since I'm a big guy they always are.

The XC has very different steering feel than the RMKs I'm used to, mostly I think depending on the steering column being tilted differently than on the powder sleds. For trail riding however this is a good thing!

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the reply simnil. I have been on RMK's since the 97 mid season release and 155's since 2012 - love them in the powder. However they are a bit less happy on the trail and I think the XC would be an absolute blast on those trail days! trying to decide if I should add an XC and keep the 155 or go with a 146 SKS as my only sled... decisions decisions:juggle:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Thanks for the reply simnil. I have been on RMK's since the 97 mid season release and 155's since 2012 - love them in the powder. However they are a bit less happy on the trail and I think the XC would be an absolute blast on those trail days! trying to decide if I should add an XC and keep the 155 or go with a 146 SKS as my only sled... decisions decisions:juggle:

As someone who has tried to make the single sled work (144 and now a 155). I'm moving on to a two sled set-up. I'm tired of being a sled that is just OK for what I'm doing. But I'm going a little different route. I'm going to shorten my RMK Assault 155 to a 146x2 for home and trail days and pick up a 163/174 for out west. The cost of owning two sleds mast no sence in my mind for the little I actually get to ride but it's way more fun to be on the right sled for the conditions IMO.

Good luck in your search!!

Khaotic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
As someone who has tried to make the single sled work (144 and now a 155). I'm moving on to a two sled set-up. I'm tired of being a sled that is just OK for what I'm doing. But I'm going a little different route. I'm going to shorten my RMK Assault 155 to a 146x2 for home and trail days and pick up a 163/174 for out west. The cost of owning two sleds mast no sence in my mind for the little I actually get to ride but it's way more fun to be on the right sled for the conditions IMO.

Good luck in your search!!

Thats a great idea! How big of a project... new rails, gearing,
shorten tunnel also??
I agree - cost sucks but being on the right sled makes all the difference!!

Premium Features