• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 600R is here!

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
db661f96c31b0965eec3f95fc249d59e.jpg

7f32c33f35502a4dc49e94c693c823f0.jpg

27764d82ade921b3aa9049dabe3cb42b.jpg

09d1f53355fc2277b2ba7e150d82410c.jpg

4c4f23ac26d71807469429df4cc9d759.jpg

600rr.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'd like to see the factory Race-XCR though.

The IQR seems to be new plastics that were sported last year by some teams and a few minor tweaks.

Solid race sled that is still winning... the facelift gives people something new to look at!

B

BC SnoX

Banned
Oct 15, 2016
Miami FL Sunshine and Ladies
So i got to see a 600r up close and i like my iqr better. The steering hoop rear supports are exposed where they run up past the fuel tank. It just looks thrown together and not right. I ride with knee pads but anyone who doesn't will definitely need to on the new 600r. New post angle seems nice for pounding woops but it is to laid back for back country jumping. I ride with my riser in line with my post and on my iqr my set up feels perfect fot jumping. But my buddies new 600r puts you further back on the sled in a atack position not necessarily a flying position.
Polaris fit and finish was never on ski doo level and with the new sled it has gotten worse. The iqr is awsome as is. I wish they either left it alone or built a new sled that is just as tough but totally new with efi. Slapping ill fitting plastics on a iqr and calling it new is not the right move.

Im waiting for a production real deal snocross sled. I think the new ZR SX is available to public and is a real deal race sled.
I do not want sleds like the zr rr or ski doo xrs or the old Polaris iqr rr, all those sleds are race replicas and would fall apart on a snocross track. We need sleds like the SX that you can order through your dealer but are the same sleds the race teams get. Then they can step it down from there with race replicas and trail sleds for people who dont need a snocross tough sled. But it would be nice to have the option to buy a durable snocross sled when spending $12,000 on a new sled. It just seems crazy to me to spend a bunch of money on something that you know is gona fall apart before the end of the season. That is why i have always bought race sleds that the race teams did not use. If Polaris can step it up i will definitely be wanting one after the bugs get worked out of the first couple model years. The arctic cat geometry and feel is not for me and the RS is a cast aluminum weak terd. So i guess ill be on my iqr until we get a tried and true production polaris racer. If it comes with a glued cast bulkhead i think i might cry and start getting used to cats. Cast aluminum has no place on a racer. I will not ride a cast aluminum sled period. If Polaris goes cast like ski doo did in 08 i will either have to go to cat or buy a few new iqr service chassis while i can and keep riding iqr sleds i build. I know guys still riding rev racers cause they are still waiting on a proper ski doo racer.

Last edited:

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I do wish they would put a 600CFI in the 600R and sell it as a consumer sled, I think they would sell pretty well.. We will probably see a 600EFI race engine in the near future now that Cat is running one...It will be interesting to see how the cat compares to the rest of the pack this yr.

I
Oct 30, 2008
2017 race sled

I picked one up this year. The sled is way different than the old iqr. I also have a 2015 so I have a good comparison. The 17 is rocket fast out of the hole. The steering is better and over all feel is way better. It is a new sled not just plastic redo. If you can get one its worth it in my opinion.

Premium Features