• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch tools

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Who sells clutch tools for the 850? Thanks

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Are the aftermarket tools any good or should I order the factory skidoo tools? The SPI tools look ok, but I'd rather have the factory tools if the price is close. Anyone know? Thanks.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
support C&T powersports. Guy is an awesome dude who loves sledding, we need more vendors like him!!!

ThePennySaved

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2017
AK
I bought the C-T Powersports tools a couple months ago and used them last night for the first time on my 2019. Great quality and worked well.

Note: When you remove the secondary, leave the puller tool in the machine; if you take it out prematurely the chain and gear will fall and you will have to drain and remove the chaincase cover and buy exorbitantly priced Ski Doo chaincase oil ($15/12 oz which is $40 a quart!) so you don't worry about voiding your warranty. Ask me how I know.

I can point you to a couple handy YouTube videos if you need them.

Gremon

Lifetime Membership
Apr 29, 2011
Colorado
I would recommend the C&T Powersports tools also. I like that you have the option to buy them as a set with everything you need for both clutches. They worked great and seem to be good quality.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Are the aftermarket tools any good or should I order the factory skidoo tools? The SPI tools look ok, but I'd rather have the factory tools if the price is close. Anyone know? Thanks.

Factory tools gonna be much more expensive.

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
The factory skidoo tools have always worked well for me. Some aftermarket tools have also been good, but a lot have also been pretty cheesy. Skidoo used to list their tools in the accessory catalog, but they don't anymore & I can't find them online. Anyone have pricing on the factory skidoo tools? I'm ok with the aftermarket if they're good quality tools that are easy to use, but I'd rather spend the extra money up front vs doing it twice.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Premium Features