• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Secondary Clutch doesn't want to disengage

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I spoke with a service manager yesterday that has seen the same weirdness with 911 lock rings moving on their own. He said they now just run the primaries with 911 cover without the lock rings.

I pulled my 911 cover off and inspected the clutch very closely. It looks fine, no cracks, nothing is loose, etc. So, I put in a new primary spring and a new belt and I am ready to give it another try without the 911 lock ring.

Today would be prefect but I have a motorcycle show I need to attend.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
I spoke with a service manager yesterday that has seen the same weirdness with 911 lock rings moving on their own. He said they now just run the primaries with 911 cover without the lock rings.

I pulled my 911 cover off and inspected the clutch very closely. It looks fine, no cracks, nothing is loose, etc. So, I put in a new primary spring and a new belt and I am ready to give it another try without the 911 lock ring.

Today would be prefect but I have a motorcycle show I need to attend.
My 2010 cf8 w thunder abc adjuster does the same. Tightens down on its own & mimics broken spider. Take the nylon washer off & clean it really good. Seemed like mine was doing it with belt dust build up. Also tignten the lock screw a lot . ABC & 911 are making your clutch last & work wayyy better & longer

L
Mar 14, 2008
Edgewood , Wa
A few seasons ago I completely went through my primary and replaced all the parts . The 911 cover was one of them . My side panels are pulled in and on Deep days the snow would push the panel into the adjuster causing it to tighten up . I tried several times to keep tightening the adjuster , however it didn't solve the problem .

After a ride or two i took the adjuster off and its never gone back on .

I did call thunder products to see if there was a easy fix and here is what they had to say .

Thunder told me i could take a hack saw and cut a small grove in the adjuster ring . The small cut needed to be placed inside the adjuster , cutting a small grove through the threads on the opposite side of the existing opening . (Where the pinch bolt goes though the adjuster ) I was told this would help the adjuster stay in place once it was tightened .

If you choose to run the adjuster , Hope this helps .

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
This just happened to me this last weekend. Not drastic but enough to make the belt squeak a lot. I didn’t think anything of it at the time because I thought the belt was heating up pretty good. I’m sure it was but when air got home I noticed my side panel was nearly worn through from the adjuster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features