• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assaulted Dragon 700 155

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i have a 700 dragon 155 but would also like a assault for jumping and such. i figure the shorter, competition track will be better for jumping along with the shock package found on the assault.

but, i am not made of money. :face-icon-small-dis so i am thinking about putting assault shocks all around, maybe some rail stiffeners, and then i could have a deep snow assaulted dragon? or is the track going to make that big of difference from my 155 series 5 compared to the 146 competition when jumping and dropping?

i know someonehas done this before, i am going to contitue to seach for his thread . thanks

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i have a 700 dragon 155 but would also like a assault for jumping and such. i figure the shorter, competition track will be better for jumping along with the shock package found on the assault.

but, i am not made of money. :face-icon-small-dis so i am thinking about putting assault shocks all around, maybe some rail stiffeners, and then i could have a deep snow assaulted dragon? or is the track going to make that big of difference from my 155 series 5 compared to the 146 competition when jumping and dropping?

i know someonehas done this before, i am going to contitue to seach for his thread . thanks

cheapest......just valve your shocks stiff, get rail stiffeners, clip 1/4" off your truck lugs.

if you want to spend a bit more cash for more stability get switchback or assault arms and shocks valved stiff.

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY

Ive seen a 155 sled that had a 146 track on it and because of the length difference it looked weird, the tunnel was too long. If i were you, I would do what sledneck said and just trim your track, or maybe a powderclaw 153. The assault track is a lot stiffer and made for competition hill climbing and hard snow. As sledneck said, assault shocks in the front would require you to get a wider front end because they are longer but would make the sled more stable. You could always do better shocks all around such as fox, WE clickers, or Zbroz, keep the stock front end and just run it was wide as it can go. Then do rail stiffeners and a clipped track, you would have a good deep snow and jumper sled. It would cost more than what sledneck said, but would be better IMO. hope this helps

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
tri-city has some W/E clickers with dual rate springs i would get. i like the narrow front end i have now because its easy to carve, my biggest thing i guess i should have clarrified is the rear track and length. most of my riding is in the pow so i dont want to sacrifice deep snow performance. that is why i went with a 155 in the first place.

so i guess my original post was not very informative, but you guys are giving me good ideas. can a 155 jump as good/similar to a 146? im learning to jump so i dont really know yet how mine jumps. i started dropping cornices a couple weeks ago... AWESOME!!!

so cutting the tips off my track will give me good deep snow track and good harder snow track? but will it decrease my deep snow affects over stock? and for a aftermarket track.. a powerclaw would be a good choice? what about a challenger xtreme 2.5?

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
If your looking for better shock go with fox floats, i put some on my assault and cant say enough good things about them. Do a search on f bombs track mod i think that will give you the hook up you are looking for and a very cheap price and still give you deep snow performance. The Stock assault track in not very good in the pow and always seems to be fighting to get on top of the snow...But on hard snow this track rips. I have a set of stock WE that came off my assult just PM if your interested. IMO i would stick with the 155, i wish now that i would have just got the standard rmk, added fox shocks and different a arms to give the wider stance, I seen some guys do some awsome jumps and drops with a 155 with no issues. Hope this Kinda helps:face-icon-small-dis

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks. sounds good. do your shocks have springs? but they are a little longer than i need i believe :(

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
tri-city has some W/E clickers with dual rate springs i would get. i like the narrow front end i have now because its easy to carve, my biggest thing i guess i should have clarrified is the rear track and length. most of my riding is in the pow so i dont want to sacrifice deep snow performance. that is why i went with a 155 in the first place.

so i guess my original post was not very informative, but you guys are giving me good ideas. can a 155 jump as good/similar to a 146? im learning to jump so i dont really know yet how mine jumps. i started dropping cornices a couple weeks ago... AWESOME!!!

so cutting the tips off my track will give me good deep snow track and good harder snow track? but will it decrease my deep snow affects over stock? and for a aftermarket track.. a powerclaw would be a good choice? what about a challenger xtreme 2.5?

I dont have a lot of jumping experience, but I dont think a 146 would be much different for jumping unless you are trying to like flip and stuff seems like I see most pros running a 155 or similar track.

If you cut the track tips off it will make the track stiffer and better for hard snow. Ive never done this, so I can only guess that it will make you trench more in powder. Everything I have read about the powderclaw say its one of the best or the best all around tracks. Some people say its the best mod for a polaris.

R

RockinMntKing

Dec 10, 2007
Wibur, WA
i assualted my 08 D7 i have assualt shocks all the way around i didn't change my A arms ya the shocks are 1" longer but the travel is also longer so all it caused was the sled to ride higher. and the coil over on the front and clicker on the rear of the track work great! I have the 163 track so jumping aint that great but the sled rides amazing compared to stock flying down the washboarded/moguled trails it handles like a dream! And my buddy has a 10 assualt and actually took the 146 off and put a 155 and a polaris series VI on because it handles a variety of conditions better then just hard snow or trails. He is in love with that sled now! i cant see haveing much better for jumping and dropping off!

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
sweet rockin! that makes me happy to hear. im thinking thats what im going to do over time, just get the clickers all around and maybe the track mod when i feel my track is hurting. so the stock assault shocks would work on the dragon with dragon a arms?

Premium Features