• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

An idea for all mods on this forum

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
You ever thought that people might send Chris pm's on here agreeing with him, but don't post here as well?

You guys are making the assumption that the majority thinks there is an issue...

There's always an issue around this place.

PE needs to tell us a little 4th of July story before bedtime...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
You ever thought that people might send Chris pm's on here agreeing with him, but don't post here as well?

You guys are making the assumption that the majority thinks there is an issue...

no assuming..i know it cant be the majority..because the majority left.....

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
I own u:

Yes, I completely agree! We all should be held accountable for our posts. By changing the mod alias policy, we would not remove the accountibilty at all. They would still be completely accountable, and as my earlier post outlilned, we would likely figure out who is who. That's not the point. It's not an attempt to be a secret, but more of an attempt to seperate mod duties/roles from personal opinions and exchanges.

In my mind, I think of it sort of like a CDL. You are still the same person, but if you get a ticket on your comercial licence, it stays there, and if you mess up on your personal time, it stays there. Your're still the same person, still paying for your mistakes, just seperating the different roles. (there may be errors in my comparison, but it was an attempt to show a general concept)

PE

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I too completely agree that we should all should be held accountable for our posts.

But here is something else to consider.... being a mod is sorta like being a goalie in hockey; you for the most part go unnoticed, until you make a mistake. Then a red light comes on and 20,000 people give you the Bronx Cheer.... :D

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I too completely agree that we should all should be held accountable for our posts.

But here is something else to consider.... being a mod is sorta like being a goalie in hockey; you for the most part go unnoticed, until you make a mistake. Then a red light comes on and 20,000 people give you the Bronx Cheer.... :D

What is that like a bad thing or something? :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features