• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thanks Snowest!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S
Jun 17, 2008
Gilbert, MN
Thanks for listening! Now it is time to get some good trailering discussions. Here is a pic of my towing setup. I use an equlizer system and sway bar. Both help but the 27' United trailer still sags the 1/2 ton Dodge when fully loaded as you can see. Overall it tows really well and you tend to forget it is back there on a longer trip. I towed with a 98 1-ton Cummins before this truck, sold it and bought a 1/2 ton since I only had a 2-place at the time. Next will be a bigger truck again, lol!

Winter2008 020.jpg

S
Jun 17, 2008
Gilbert, MN
Thanks for the advice line8. Did the fittings and lines hold up well with the sand and salt in the winter? That was my only concern was would it rot itself away with all the salt they pour on the roads here in the Midwest.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Good question. I had mine installed last spring(extended winter) and so far till now I have not had any problems with that kind of thing. I don't think my state uses the salt yours does, some around here don't want our ground too salty-it turns the green white, anyway; the only thing I have noticed that I don't like is the fittings where you put the air in are getting rusty. I wll have to address that.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
bah, trailers are overrated.

DSC00155.jpg

When you make friends you will see the need for a trailer!!!:D

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Before you jump to air bags, consider a set of Timbrens. They're popular in the 3/4 and 1 ton world.

I had airbags on my previous truck. While they worked well with raising the load, I found the ride to be spongy when they were in use.

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
towing

Google equal-i-zer hitch it will make towing your trailer a dream,and no i'm not a dealer but i do have one and they work better than any other hitch i have tryed

S
Dec 11, 2007
air bag

Before you jump to air bags, consider a set of Timbrens. They're popular in the 3/4 and 1 ton world.

I had airbags on my previous truck. While they worked well with raising the load, I found the ride to be spongy when they were in use.

put a little more air in the bags- works for me. plus i sell and use them myself. good luck

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I've only found mine spongy when I don't have enough air. I have had too much air also and it road like a tank-not a hint of sponge.

Premium Features