• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket A-Arms vs Simply replacing with stock

JUDGED

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2015
www.judgedgear.com
Running KMOD's with no issues and very happy. Plenty of people running zbros with no issues over here on the east also. I have not seen vohks or teth-air in action.

scotts-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2011
Minnesota
VOHK repalcement arms

Anyone use the VOHK a arms as a replacement and have any issues? I want to replace just my lowers and they are at a great price point.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone use the VOHK a arms as a replacement and have any issues? I want to replace just my lowers and they are at a great price point.

Im sure they work fine, but I would plan on them being back ordered 13 months of the year beings they are made by Skinz. Atleast if you bend one you can replace it with a stock one :face-icon-small-con

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
So in all fairness we need to compare apples to apples. My kit is complete with all hardware, no pressing bushings in or out of your stock arms. Our 36 inch kit is adjustable from 36 inch to 37 inch still being able to be centered on the spindles. This year we have the option of a heavy duty lower arm or the normal strength. What that amounts to is we bumped the lower arm rear main tube( using the new Docol )by one tube size. Not something your going to wipe the bulkhead out with. Rod end design gives you a shear point so on an impact "possibly" replacing a $18.50 part instead of an a arm.Rod ends on both upper and lower arms means a fair range of camber adjustment. Replacement lowers $185 (stock depending on location $230ish). Uppers $95. All moly kits have sway bar attachment. Our axys kits come with all new hardware. Zbroz you need to press out bushings from your stock arms and back in. Zbroz have arched lowers. Unless they changed something recently on the 36" kit you cannot use the sway bar. Kmod I believe come with all hardware and sway bar tabs but no sheer point, no Docol material and about $150 more than ours. The skinz are a forward kit that could be a bonus with the pro but IMO unnecessary on an axys. Correct me on what I'm inaccurate with I'm going off memory. Price on the skinz was $1299.00 But comes with spindles and arched lowers.No clue what indivual replacement cost is on other brands. As you can see not a bash session, everyone just really needs all the real world info in front of them to make the purchase that best fits their needs. I'm sure I barely touched on everything but I think hit on the important ones. Thank you
Dan

I rode my 16 Axys stock last year. I always wished it would lean over easier. By the end of the year I was comfortable with the effort required, but still wished it was easier. I went with Alt Impact factory width arms because I bent a factory one late in the season.

I put 36" Zbroz on over the summer and have ridden is 8 days now this winter. Also Exit shocks all around, and removed the sway bar. I definitely prefer it now, and have no regrets about the lean effort.

However I regret going Zbroz arms. The way they require re-use of a bunch of factory parts is a huge PITA, drastically reduces the resale value of your take-off parts, and opens up all kinds of mechanical problems in the process of removing and re-inserting all of the tightly fit pieces. Also the fact that the spindles require a ton of tweaking to get full steering travel is a huge PITA. The Alt Impact is highly superior I feel.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
axys a arms

after reading all the post I could find here I sent alt a couple pm and he took the time to reply to them so I went to his website and ordered his 39" kit, I then received 3 email from him with installation instructions and tracking # they have been shipped and will be here in 3 days I chose the least amount on shipping or would of got theme sooner, now in my book that's service

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
I rode my 16 Axys stock last year. I always wished it would lean over easier. By the end of the year I was comfortable with the effort required, but still wished it was easier. I went with Alt Impact factory width arms because I bent a factory one late in the season.

I put 36" Zbroz on over the summer and have ridden is 8 days now this winter. Also Exit shocks all around, and removed the sway bar. I definitely prefer it now, and have no regrets about the lean effort.

However I regret going Zbroz arms. The way they require re-use of a bunch of factory parts is a huge PITA, drastically reduces the resale value of your take-off parts, and opens up all kinds of mechanical problems in the process of removing and re-inserting all of the tightly fit pieces. Also the fact that the spindles require a ton of tweaking to get full steering travel is a huge PITA. The Alt Impact is highly superior I feel.

You could have ordered them with all joints installed.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dan has always made the time to answer questions on the phone and emails... and is easy to deal with.

IMO... This is an asset in todays aftermarket that you only see with the best vendors that still take care of their businesses personally.

after reading all the post I could find here I sent alt a couple pm and he took the time to reply to them so I went to his website and ordered his 39" kit, I then received 3 email from him with installation instructions and tracking # they have been shipped and will be here in 3 days I chose the least amount on shipping or would of got theme sooner, now in my book that's service

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Dan has always made the time to answer questions on the phone and emails... and is easy to deal with.

IMO... This is an asset in todays aftermarket that you only see with the best vendors that still take care of their businesses personally.

Dan even takes the time to answer the phone late Sunday nights to place your order...

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
Alt Impact 39"

I replaced my bend lower A-arm with the Alt Impact 39", love them. Dan is great to work with. I broke the rod end last week, pulled out the replacement from the sled and fixed it. Be sure to put a nice groove in the end so you can remove it with a flat head when it breaks.

image12.jpg

Last edited:

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
I'm not really sure how hard because it gave out suddenly. I went up and over a small drifted cornice into a lean snow area at the top and whap it gave out. I could see it hit something hard (rock) but it was so sudden it was hard to feel it. My inclining is something else would have bent but maybe not broken if it hadn't given out.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Snapped lower rod end and bent tie rod backwards today at togwotee. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't dislocate my knee from getting caught in the footwell... One hell of a 15 mile 4 hr ride off the mountain in which my buddy's did all the work since I couldn't walk. Took 2 hrs to get the thing down the steep Avalanche prone climb I made that I shouldnt have... Made it 5 miles before I sent my buddy's back to the trailer to get tools and my spare rod end so could get the thing back before dark.

FB_IMG_1483494607775.jpg

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
axys a arms

sorry to hear about your bad incident, hope you will be ok since I ordered this kit yesterday I'm wondering how hard you hit something ?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
sorry to hear about your bad incident, hope you will be ok since I ordered this kit yesterday I'm wondering how hard you hit something ?

Probably the hardest hit this sleds seen, and I've bent 2 polaris stockers, an AI lower, and bent 2 AI rod ends before without bending the arm. This A arm is still straight too.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I just installed a set of zbroz 36" arms and their spindles. I also got ball joints installed from them too. Overall the fit n finish was amazing. They fit as good as stock into the bulkhead and bushings are nice and tight. I ended up not having to shorten my shocks at all and retained stock ride height. They do allow for the swaybar to be used, I tried it with the swaybar, but didn't like how stiff it was so I will try without the sway. Overall very pleased.

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Probably the hardest hit this sleds seen, and I've bent 2 polaris stockers, an AI lower, and bent 2 AI rod ends before without bending the arm. This A arm is still straight too.
Not a pretty picture glad your OK for the most part. At my age that would take about 6 months longer than it will take you to get back on. Never seems to matter how much snow your in there is always something lurking under there.

Premium Features