• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

19 Alpha rear shocks

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Are crap! Are the 19 MC and HC that bad ? I didn’t realize how bad they where until I spent the day on my 16 with Toms re-valved shocks all around. Rode on hard concrete snow with a few inches on top. So glad I left the Alpha at home this trip. Will be getting those fixed this summer!!

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Are crap! Are the 19 MC and HC that bad ? I didn’t realize how bad they where until I spent the day on my 16 with Toms re-valved shocks all around. Rode on hard concrete snow with a few inches on top. So glad I left the Alpha at home this trip. Will be getting those fixed this summer!!
I rode mine 150kms and promptly sold the Alpha suspension. To be fair, I did not adjust the air pressure at all. I did play with the knobs though. Fuzzy is how I can explain the difference in settings.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I rode mine 150kms and promptly sold the Alpha suspension. To be fair, I did not adjust the air pressure at all. I did play with the knobs though. Fuzzy is how I can explain the difference in settings.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
What shocks did you get?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jason_hildo

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2010
Sounds like every shock Arctic Cat has put on their mountain sleds since 2009, just need to throw the floats away and replace with coilovers.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
They are good shocks, just need a revalve. I had my 16 shocks revalved and they were great then. Couple hundred bucks on a revalve are enough to not pay 2 grand for coils

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Sounds like every shock Arctic Cat has put on their mountain sleds since 2009, just need to throw the floats away and replace with coilovers.

the shocks on my 17MC ride good. rear shock even has rebound control that I've never felt the need to mess with. better in the bumps than the axys imo. It sounds like some years just get the valving wrong. I'm a fan of floats on mountain sleds, springs are weighty.

Premium Features