• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cvt snow bike

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
So many have seen few of my crazy ideas before and this is the latest. I have always been one to modify anything I have laying around so it's just normal to see this becoming what it is.
This is version 2. As most of you who have been on snow bikes for awhile now agree that more power is just what we all need. I feel that my years on a snowhawk brought me to this idea.

image.jpg

S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
Love it. I tried a 500 xcw with a 129 and then sold it because it lacked the wow factor for me. Then tried the 450 xc with same track. Sold it because it lacked the wow factor.
That thing brings hope and looks like a ton of wow factor. Watching that video in YouTube with that gixxar snow bike is unreal.
I'll be showing up early to the lineup to buy when they come out with something like those factory.
Its frustrating trying to innovate air intakes. Gearing. Bearing issues. Skis. Carb jetting and freezing issues with the snow bikes after you've spent 15000 bucks On the setup. But it is a great sport and when one of these is built with minimum 100 hp at 250lbs the sports going to go boom.

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
Cvt snowbike

I took a 2015 husqavana 450 with the timbersled track kit for a demo ride a couple weeks ago. I was totally impressed with the snow bike. It's all I have been thinking about since. I also have a turboed 800 polaris sled. So I was definitely looking for more power. I've been thinking how can I hang a bigger engine in a bike frame. I think the cvt clutching is the only way to go. I like what you've started. Looks good. We need more pictures and videos. What track/tunnel did you use. Is it a narrower track or full width. What length of track? Keep up the good work.

Euc51

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2012
Kamloops BC
awsome

So excited to see how this works out.. I have an old 800 cat motor (03 I think) sitting in the shop. How did you run your exhaust? Is there a brake on your setup?
Keep the posts coming.

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
It has brake on jackshaft just inside frame. Exhaust is twisted up in front of engine completely covered up.
I'm a big fan of m series engines buy all cat motors seem to b 25-30 lbs more than doo

Premium Features