• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

video from caribou closure weekend

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
April 16 -18 Revelstoke

first day was blue bird, 2nd day was socked in, lots of snow, third day was sweet.

I love spring sledding. Not many people and lots of fresh snow if you want to look for it. The best part was riding with a great group of guys and getting tossed out of restaurant by tree hugging skiers.

http://vimeo.com/4258060

raceu4it

Lifetime Membership
great clip and pic's there Mikey, I'm still grinning and having flashbacks from the week-end.
Things I learned from the week-end
1 it's beautiful drive from Calgary west bound at 5:00 am with the morning sun shining on the mountains.
2 if the snow is at the right consistency, snow ball bouce ball is a hoot at the point on frisby.:)
3 don't eat too much asparagus cooked on herbie's barbecue at boulder cause your pee does stink in about 5 hours.:cool:
4 do not attempt to eat at the village idiot formerly known as the magpie and stump in revy, unless you like water as your only beverage if your a sledder, or the white taxi with stripes will be waiting for you outside.:beer;
5 if you get pulled over for a roadside soberity test, and you say you haven't had a drink in 2 days, and blow the rc's will call you a liar and then let you go.
6 if your going to wear a helmet, when sledding make absolutely sure it's done up tight.
7. if you have to double up on a ungroomed trail, spot the goodies going down and grab the smorgasbord going back up.
8. the Days Inn is just as much fun, for spring riding as ole man winter riding.:D
9. it's nerve racking trying to get thru construction security fencing to use a porta potti on a walk from downtown revy.:eek:
10 what a great way to wind down a winter with bunch of can dooers and some team building. ;)

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
which helmet cam is that? is it the vio? i have that one but the video isnt that good. i have the old cam head looks like you have the wide angle
ill have to pick one up

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
gopro with the wide angle lens.

Next year, I am thinking of a rear facing location so I can video people following me. That is something you don't see a lot of - video of the front of a sled carving or going through trees.

raceu4it

Lifetime Membership
samuari, how could i possibly get drunk;), when your up and at'am first thing in the am with the young blood, and riding till supper, chit, i can't even sneak a nap in there any where during the day. looking forward to next trip out already, just have to remember to grabs some worms for a evening of casting for some kokanee's.

S

Samurai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
CALGARY
samuari, how could i possibly get drunk;), when your up and at'am first thing in the am with the young blood, and riding till supper, chit, i can't even sneak a nap in there any where during the day. looking forward to next trip out already, just have to remember to grabs some worms for a evening of casting for some kokanee's.

and no buffet to re-energize
your drunk NOW...maggots and the color orange for KOKES

Premium Features