• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Broke a chaincase in Wolf Creek, need a replacement ASAP...

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
As the title states, broke a chaincase and chaincase cover in Wolf Creek, Co. While on vacation. Would rather stay and ride since we have no snow at home.

Need to buy one or borrow one (I have two 2011 chaincases, chaincase covers at the house)

Can give you my fedex number to overnight it to me in Pagosa Springs, CO-- if you are within driving distance I will come pick it up....

Thanks,
Murph
831. 464. 3458

Last edited:

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
If TRS doesn't work let me know. I've got a spare assault that won't be used for a week and could possibly help you out.

Thanks for the offer. I'm driving by your place to pick up a chain case in Castle Pines Colorado. Think I am set.

The problem was the lower bolt on the driveshaft sheared off-- the broken head broke the case and cover.

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
Yup, love seeing this! 2 years ago, a group of us staying out in Tog had a problem. Guys diamond drive locked up at Austins peak. Found a guy on here in ID selling a diamond drive disassembled. He over nighted it to us at lava mountain lodge, took my buddies info, address and drivers license number over the phone and told him to call him and square up the payment once we got home. Got it the next day, got the sled all put together And he only missed a half day of riding. Worked out great!

Murph

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
After a 12 hour (due to weather) roundtrip to a Denver suburb, pulling the chaincase and dealing with a broken (because it was glued at the factory) bolt...

It was all worth it once I pulled the throttle and got to smash some pow...

Thanks SW.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Murph,
Are you headed home soon?
Is the snow still pretty decent there?
The boys are thinking of heading that way Sunday or Monday.
Snow here is getting pretty poor, and tracked to death.
We took the grand kids ice fishing today instead of riding.

image.jpg

Premium Features