• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new too me rene build.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Hey guys so i had that old 99 rmk 700 and a month and a half ago i sold my rmk and purchased this 08 skidoo renegade 800 with a camoplast 2.5 track, mbrp can, a wrap, and reverse with several other stock parts..

Heres the day i got her:
p4pb7377512.jpg

p4pb7377515.jpg

I didnt like how the Mbrp can sat so i ended up cutting a chunk of oak too fit the bottom of the can with a router and bolting it on.. thats tough wood that doesnt burn easy and now the can fits tight an only 1/2 inch sticks down.
heres before
p4pb7378447.jpg

p4pb7378448.jpg

Then i cleaned it up added a few stickers and installed my bar bag.
p4pb7385079.jpg

heres the first ride of the yr early nov at powderking BC
p4pb7414046.jpg

p4pb7414050.jpg

p4pb7414055.jpg

p4pb7414056.jpg

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
After the first ride i found it liked to fill with snow.. so i made the vents and epoxyed them on and also siliconed a few holes up, re riveted the frt bumper.

p4pb7437377.jpg

and as it currently sits
I purchased a set of C&a skis from cody borchers
They are just the rzr's but they will do
p4pb7475987.jpg

I just need skags now.... also dislike how wide the frt end is, I friend of mine has a set of the 38'' aarms with fox floats that i was about too purchase but ran short on cash. soo next mods will be the aarms, floats and 8 inch riser

C
Mar 20, 2011
Looks good man. Seems like your doing awsome doing all the work yourself (i think you had like a 99 700 polaris you did a bit to i was looking at old threads). Anyways how old are you ? Where are you located in B.C ? Take a look at my thread at the top of the page its the m7 build. Got anything planned for this sled ?

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
Thanks!! ya im 19 an i enjoy sledding an working on them for the most part.. as for future mods i have no clue i might end up selling it and going for a pro rmk or a newer renegade or freeride with less miles. I have a feeling its gonna grenade on me it has 1800miles and sure thing!! Ive only ridden it 4 times and want more as this thing friggen rips!!

C
Mar 20, 2011
Thanks!! ya im 19 an i enjoy sledding an working on them for the most part.. as for future mods i have no clue i might end up selling it and going for a pro rmk or a newer renegade or freeride with less miles. I have a feeling its gonna grenade on me it has 1800miles and sure thing!! Ive only ridden it 4 times and want more as this thing friggen rips!!

Nice im 16 turning 17 in a few months. Also do you live in B.C if so where ? If were close we should meet up sometime maybe go for a rip or work on the sleds or something. 1800 miles aint bad but aint great espesially on a 800. Honestly if your going to go to a sled go to the pro rmk if you can find one in your budget (easier to ride) or go to a 2010-11 m8, the m chassis is so easy to pull over and stays there thats just what it was ment for xps are light but dont ride anywhere near a mseries.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I live in grande prairie alberta but theres no way i can travel i have no money at all right now, thinking of selling the beast an buying a new machine come fall.
As for chassis i wouldnt go cat unless it was brand new, was eyeing up nytros but they are tanks, id get another skiddoo or an assault as i ride hard And i dont want a mtn sled. My 137 renegade goes everywhere i want and handles better on the trail than any mtn sled yet can climb like a bastard an jump. Plus its light, i figured the chassis out on the 2nd ride and even with the wider aarms its manuverable in the trees yet stable on the trails.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I live in grande prairie alberta but theres no way i can travel i have no money at all right now, thinking of selling the beast an buying a new machine come fall.
As for chassis i wouldnt go cat unless it was brand new, was eyeing up nytros but they are tanks, id get another skiddoo or an assault as i ride hard And i dont want a mtn sled. My 137 renegade goes everywhere i want and handles better on the trail than any mtn sled yet can climb like a bastard an jump. Plus its light, i figured the chassis out on the 2nd ride and even with the wider aarms its manuverable in the trees yet stable on the trails.

I see everyone has there opinions likes and wants. Also like your stating it depends where you ride. Hmm thats cool im in grade 11 but in 2 years ill be coming to AB to go to college for finning sales tech. Maybe one day we will meet up whenever it may be a take a rip together.

C
Mar 20, 2011
where you from? i go to kakwa, valmount.

I dont know ab well at all dont even know where the colledge is i will be going to. But its thompson river university that i will be going to in 2 years roughly. Also im from around Nelson,Castlegar, Trail B.C area if you know where any of those towns are ?? Im about 8-10hrs from Ab depending where you go.

Premium Features