• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iowa DNR?

N

niles

Jan 5, 2009
nw iowa
I my self have a concealed weopons permit. I can and sometimes do have a loaded gun laying on my seat. I can not have a gun uncased on an atv or snowmobile for any reason. Only bad things will happen is the thinking there.
If you do not have a permit you must always have your gun unloaded and in a case or broken down. Iowa is now a RIGHT TO CARRY STATE. This means that anyone who takes the class will be granted a permit to carry. Unless you are a felon or have had your gun rights revoked.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
Yup. I dont have a permit but I do hunting with shotgun or rifle as long as its in the case while driving. I want to get a permit someday.

by the way steelman, what does CCW stand for?

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Ccw is carry concealed weapons permit. Not sure what the add was. But in Iowa must have gun empty and fully cased and fully zipped. If handgun must be in a case large enough u can not hide on person and be out of reach. If u have ur ccw in Iowa then basically u can do what u want as long as you do not carry on atv or sled.... anything ohv

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Everyone should carry, but only after they have the training and mastered their weapon. I do not like that I cannot carry on my sled!

What did that add speak of? Was it referring to the law regarding carrying while riding?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Who posted the ad's? I did not flag or remove. Please send to me and I can post after reviewing.

xc6rider- you should get your permit. It is simple now. I got it when Iowa was a "May Issue" state.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
dont know who. from what I remember, it say "have you been harassment or bullying by Iowa DNR, please contact me through craigslist email and tell us your story."

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Who posted the ad's? I did not flag or remove. Please send to me and I can post after reviewing.

xc6rider- you should get your permit. It is simple now. I got it when Iowa was a "May Issue" state.

Don't leave home without it ;)

But, even with our permits, we cannot carry while riding!

Premium Features