• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro On BBQ Juice

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Talking to Ski-Dooin it the propane thing sounds pretty inviting, thanks Nick

I like the idea of propane because it is different, I also love bbq food and sledding.
Mixing the 2 just seems right, it has nothing to do with propane being around 110
octane, boils at -44, because of this it will freeze up a hot intake charge :faint:
it cheep to

So the Idea is to try to build a propane powered sled for this season, problem is
I am kind of slow getting things going. So will start with a ride forward type bracket
I fabbed up one evening.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

I started fabbing up the air box I am going to try to keep the volume around
800cc but it is going to be tricky.

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

I tossed some gauges on, now I want to start the thing, not going to happen

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Last edited:
E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Nice work. Propane has many advantages and the only hiccup is the seat/tank assembly. What are your plans?

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Going to lower the tank in the tunnel and build the seat around it.
Problem is track clearance, there seems to be a lot of room untill
you bottem out just the back of the skid at that point the track
is in the propane tanks face.

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 024.jpg

Last edited:
S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
oh no... nick got another follower! ha you will like it... good stuff!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
glad to see you rocking on this project.. i was really close to doing the tank that way this year.. just wasnt sure about what i was even doing for a motor when i built my tunnel, so im staying on top again. just putting it as low as i can!

good luck.. i will report back soon with more info regarding the transitional fueling issues i had last year, im about ready to take mine for a RIP!!!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
glad to see you rocking on this project.. i was really close to doing the tank that way this year.. just wasnt sure about what i was even doing for a motor when i built my tunnel, so im staying on top again. just putting it as low as i can!

good luck.. i will report back soon with more info regarding the transitional fueling issues i had last year, im about ready to take mine for a RIP!!!

A RIP?

How did ya get that done so fast??

No time to take pics???

Thanks for the help so far

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Oh my, like a previous post already noted, why dont you just call simmons and pick up a couple of his tanks and a seat? Great fit and finish etc. Props to the effort!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Oh my, like a previous post already noted, why dont you just call simmons and pick up a couple of his tanks and a seat? Great fit and finish etc. Props to the effort!

That's what I heard, thay would not sell the tanks alone. I also want to be able to remove the tank quickly to have it filled or swapped with a full one.

Menace, how do you like your system you have?

Last edited:
B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Did not get to much done tonight, finshed tacking the exhaust up and poked it through the bulkhead, welded the cradle for the top of the tunnel. Next I will try to fit the fat a$$ tank under the seat. :sad:

Got a good snow storm happening so I want to get this thing going :smow:

Picture 035.jpg

Picture 036.jpg

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Well got a little more done, I can only spend a few hours a day on it so it is taking awhile.

Mixer and plenum are 95% done
Started fitting the bottle in the seat
Worked on modded the steering hoop

Picture 020.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

Picture 045.jpg

Nick this is what I came up with for the boost referance to the regulator, it is right in the turbos face were velocity is highest... smacked my thumb with a hammer too :violin:

Picture 019.jpg

Picture 047.jpg

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i like it.. i need to test mine this weekend, but i will give you a report on how putting the bigger barbs/lines to the regulator works out!!

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
i like it.. i need to test mine this weekend, but i will give you a report on how putting the bigger barbs/lines to the regulator works out!!

Cool,

Man it seems like you got that thing built fast, a lot of work with that build. How many miles did you get from your tank last year, how big was it? I am having trouble finding the 43.5 lb tanks in canada.`

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Looks good, What size is your reference line? You should still angle the barb as much as possible instead of a 90.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Thanks, the line going to the reg is 3/8, 22” long. The barb does not look like
much in the picture because the opening in the intercooler is 3" I hope it’s going
to scoop enough air, it is positioned just after the turbo were the charge
velocity and heat is highest, the barb is over 3/4" long. If it don’t jack my vapor
up enough it is easy to change.

Last edited:
Premium Features