• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011/2012 Winter Forecast

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
This year will be the first time west. Going to the Snowies. Would like to go to Idaho, but that would be a week trip for sure due to distance.
its my first trip west also. and its already looking like its gonna be a very good time . have you ever thought about going to montana .....say........in feb.??????

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
yea it will snow in december in iowa. my first ride of the season will be at Grand Lake, CO for a week then come home on christma. I do want to go to the snowies but my group pefer Grand Lake, they never been to the snowies before.
I told them to try snowies with me and they will change their mind over Grand Lake lol.

so I will go to the snowies some time in december (after xmas) or januray (if one of my buddy's sled get fixed) and sometime in march with other group.

will have blast time at the snowy range but windy always sucks!

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
sounds like alot of snow on the "moutain tops" i seen alot of white tops from the window seat of the boeing 747 that i was on today!!!got me a bit excited!!!!!! have fun and bring some back for us!! :confused::confused::confused: after a second look this dont make sense at all!!!i though your post read like you were going west now but up on further investigation you meant later this year...ill get it figured out sooner or later----but probably later than sooner---being im a bit slower than average:doh:

Last edited:

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
wondering if any iowans know where the heck snow is at??? I'm heading out west a couple times this year so I'm not looking for that, i mean anywhere in iowa, minnesota, wisconsin have any snow?? :no idea: I'm wanting to make a day or 2 trip just to get some riding in, having withdrawals :face-icon-small-dis let me know what info you guys got! thanks

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
wondering if any iowans know where the heck snow is at??? I'm heading out west a couple times this year so I'm not looking for that, i mean anywhere in iowa, minnesota, wisconsin have any snow?? :no idea: I'm wanting to make a day or 2 trip just to get some riding in, having withdrawals :face-icon-small-dis let me know what info you guys got! thanks

Only place I know that might have enough to have some fun is the Gogebic Lake area in the UP. Below is a web-cam of a bar in town and they also give a trail report. You could also call the bar and get the latest info. The other would be John Dee.com. I will attach links to both. Other then these, It is pretty sad in the mid-west. Good Luck and let us know what you find.

http://www.berglandbaybar.com/

http://www.johndee.com/

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
might need the waverunner for winter games!:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-sho:fish2:

Premium Features