• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is the deal with shipping to Canada?

D

Diesel99

Nov 27, 2007
Maple Ridge, BC
I shipped out 3 packages on December 10th, and none of them have showed up. This is via USPS. 2 were first class, and 1 was a parcel. This is from the US to Canada.

Unless they were shipped via USPS global express, they could easily take 3-4 weeks this time off year. I have waited 4 weeks before for regular USPS packages this time off year.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
Unless they were shipped via USPS global express, they could easily take 3-4 weeks this time off year. I have waited 4 weeks before for regular USPS packages this time off year.

Same here...

I use USPS from US to Canada whenever possible. I'm so sick and tired of UPS and their bullcrap brokerage fees. License to steal if you ask me.

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
I just feel bad for my customers. They still have not received their packages. I guess I will have to start charging even more to ship to Canada, and just ship them USPS express so customers can get items in a timely fashion.

3 to 4 weeks!!! way to long.

R
Oct 26, 2001
Lethbridge Alberta
I bought some stuff of Ebay (New Jersey) on November 27 and it did take 3 weeks with USPS.......I have 2 bar stools coming from Chicago with the little brown guys, and it will be here within 5 business days, BUT I do have my wallet and a jar of vaseline ready......I am a little concerned.......!

racingpit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2002
Sheridan, WY
www.hoseplugs.com
I bought some stuff of Ebay (New Jersey) on November 27 and it did take 3 weeks with USPS.......I have 2 bar stools coming from Chicago with the little brown guys, and it will be here within 5 business days, BUT I do have my wallet and a jar of vaseline ready......I am a little concerned.......!

The worst part is, maybe the seller really did ship the items....

Just as an aside, I am stuck telling my customers that I shipped the items, but the only tracking number I have is a customs number...nothing else. It makes me look bad....

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
We ONLY ship US Postal Service Express to canada

The worst part is, maybe the seller really did ship the items....

Just as an aside, I am stuck telling my customers that I shipped the items, but the only tracking number I have is a customs number...nothing else. It makes me look bad....

We have shipped to Canada via US Postal Service Express with great results - under 7 days. I had a customer who didn't want to pay the $28 to ship it Express so he asked me to ship priority, which I did. Took 3 WEEKS! I felt it made me look bad too, even though it didn't have anything to do with my service.

The other nice thing about US Postal Service Express is it tracks all the way to delivery with a tracking #.

I will NEVER ship any other way than US Postal Service Express - It's not worth it!

my 2 cents.....

:) 2fun

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
This time of year I bite the bullet and go 3-day select ups. Can't stand Fed-ex for service and haven't had much luck with usps. When it absolutely positively has to be there.........drive it yourself. Sorry Jeff, hope you have a happy new year.

Premium Features