• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving to Colorado Springs

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Just found out that my job is moving me to Colorado Springs this January. Unfortunately I sold my sled earlier in the year because up until this week we were being moved to Phoenix. I'm not too familiar with the area. How close is Colorado springs to riding areas? What kind of terrain? Any help would be great. Might need a new group to ride with too?

I am from Idaho too. I moved here for work to be able to ride more and Skibreeze is right you have to travel aways to get into good riding. If you want deep powder like you get in Island Park then you gotta drive 3+ hrs. If you want something close like Redbutte then you are coming the wrong place. If you wanna talk more PM me your number. Oh and welcome to Colorado Springs.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Riding near CS,CO

We have a local club in Colorado Springs (CS). Just had our first meeting Tuesday, Set up the ride schedule for the year. Snow conditions depend on where the snow comes from. If it's from the south we hit those areas. Out of the north we change our plans. Bottom line there's always snow somewhere. Closest is Buena Vista 100 miles west of CS. Go over Cottonwood Pass over to Taylor Park and there is usually good snow. 4 hrs south we go to Chama, NM every year, Incredible riding no trail system so it's all boondocking. Rabbit Ears is 3 1/2 hrs away. Another great place and the snow is usually there early and stays late.

We are the Pikes Peak High Riders. Meet on the second Tuesday of the month at the Mason Jar restaurant I-25 and North Nevada. If you want to meet some riders who know the area please come by. We get there at 6 eat and the meeting starts at 7. Would like to see you there

Mark PPHR Pres my number 719-650-1232

hey there everyone
i am also new to the area. got to Fort Carson in late spring and deployed not to long after that. i would be very interested in meeting up with the club. wont be till next winter, but i figured i better get to know some people from the area before i get home. any more info would be great.

T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Thanks for the info and the welcome everybody! It definitely won't be the same luxury we have here driving 20 minutes to go for a ride. How often do you guys ride? I don't know if I can justify buying a new sled to only ride once a month.

M
Dec 26, 2008
Riding

Club rides are every two weeks. But there is someone going every week or during the week. That's one reason to join the club. You have at least 30 names and numbers of people who can ride.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Thanks for the info and the welcome everybody! It definitely won't be the same luxury we have here driving 20 minutes to go for a ride. How often do you guys ride? I don't know if I can justify buying a new sled to only ride once a month.

Easy to get 50+ days in on a season....and if your schedule is flexible they can all be deep powder days :)

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
I live in Monument, CO (basically North Springs area) and I ride every weekend from early January through the end of March...so you can easily justify a new sled:):)

Armysledder...sorry we didn't catch up at the snowshow...we need to ride when the snow finally sets in!!

T...welcome to Colorado!!

Ryan

Premium Features