Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
ridesask is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suburban furnace install help.

I知 installing a suburban 40,000 btu furnace in my 4 place stealth trailer. The model of furnace I picked up is meant to be accessed from outside through a removable panel. Does anyone see an issue with just installing it from the inside with the only holes being the intake and exhaust?

I plan to make it completely removable from inside and the propane connection as well as the wiring will be accessible from inside and if I need to work on it a couple of screws and I値l be able to pull it out completely from the inside.

Really the only difference I can see between the Two models is the propane connection being at the back instead of the front.

Thanks!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 04-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Currently: Out to Lunch
IDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond repute

I was like you and couldn稚 cut a hole that big. After some research I turned mine and ran intake and exhaust only through the floor. Ran that way since 2007 no issues. I built a baffle in front to keep road crap out, put a screen on to keep small guests away. Two screws to access for maintenance have never moved.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:56 PM
Currently: Putting sleds together
05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesask View Post
I知 installing a suburban 40,000 btu furnace in my 4 place stealth trailer. The model of furnace I picked up is meant to be accessed from outside through a removable panel. Does anyone see an issue with just installing it from the inside with the only holes being the intake and exhaust?

I plan to make it completely removable from inside and the propane connection as well as the wiring will be accessible from inside and if I need to work on it a couple of screws and I値l be able to pull it out completely from the inside.

Really the only difference I can see between the Two models is the propane connection being at the back instead of the front.

Thanks!
I've serviced a couple heaters installed this way and had to cut the tin around the exhaust and intake termination to service the heater. The 2 pipes from the heater rusted to the termination fitting and the unit could not be slid out for service.

Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 AM
Basic Member
lost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond reputelost has a reputation beyond repute

Know of a friend and he has his installed inside with only the two holes going out the side near the top. He hasn't had a problem with the installation going on over 4 years.

The Following User Says Thank You to lost For This Useful Post:
ridesask (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 06:53 AM
Currently: Working on the new/Old School Tow Rig.
Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,028 Posts
turbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I put mine inside and mounted it on its side against the wall and ran the exhaust out the side of the trailer through an elbow. It's been in there for probably 7 or 8 years now.

No problems at all with the heater.

14 800 Pro RMK 163
09 600 RMK 156

The Following User Says Thank You to turbolover For This Useful Post:
ridesask (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:45 AM
Basic Member

Perfect, thanks for the input, I知 going to proceed with mounting it from the inside.

I was planning to just buy a 15 rubber propane hose with the proper fittings to connect the heater and run it in a way that it can稚 get damaged instead of Runing copper, can anyone see an issue with this?

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2019, 09:02 AM
newmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond reputenewmy1 has a reputation beyond repute

The way you are planning is how all the trailer builders install them. Mine was installed that way and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to newmy1 For This Useful Post:
ridesask (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 11:14 AM
05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute05rmksteve has a reputation beyond repute

Not all heaters are the same. Some can only be serviced from the backside they do not have a removable front panel for service purposes. Can you post a picture off the unit your going to install?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Old 04-02-2019, 11:43 AM

The rubber hose is fine as long as the hose and fittings are rated for LP gas use.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to 05rmksteve For This Useful Post:
ridesask (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 05:21 PM
Basic Member
Old 04-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 04-02-2019, 07:50 PM
flying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond reputeflying frenchman has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-02-2019, 08:11 PM
Currently: Out to Lunch
IDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond reputeIDspud has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 04-02-2019, 08:20 PM

Click Here to Register