• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011/12 Snowy Range snow conditions

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
If you have been up in this area and have information if its good or bad be sure and post. The more posts will reflect more accurate information. Good news is it looks like it is starting out great!

*Please keep updates in these threads since they will be a sticky..and we wont have a bunch of scattered updates*

***Post Pics helps alot!****

Here is a link to the Wyoming webcam page for all who dont already have it.
http://dayweather.com/keystone/weathertext.html

Last edited:

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Last weekend while cutting wood at the quealy hut area, ther was 6-10 inches. There was a storm this week, but it is entirely to early to tell if we will be riding that soon. Think we're going to try to cut for Nelson hut this saturday,I will post if the conditions are any different there.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
Hope the weather holds for cutting wood on Saturday. Sounds like another storm coming through next week. Kind of nice to keep the storms spaced out a little early on. That will allow the snow to settle in the trees and cover some of the stumps and rocks.

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Nelson Park Firewood!

Meeting @ 8:00 am Saturday Oct 22nd at Maverick Motorsports in Laramie for anyone interested!
Drop me a PM if you are, so we know how many to expect for lunch!

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
There was all of about 6" in the trees around Nelson Park on Saturday. A lot of drifting across Libby Flat, but still a lot of exposed ground as well.

Not sure what the West side has left, Last weekend there was a good 10" by Quealy.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
I went up to twin lakes last night, maybe six inches of fresh. In the trees and north slopes there is 16".

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
when do you think it will be rideable?!? might make a weekend trip sometime when you guys say its ready! :face-icon-small-hap

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
I'm thinking of taking my sled out to Sand Lake road this weekend to aid in hunting, not sure if I want to yet but very tempting to break in new belts on the road.

owenb2

Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2010
wyo
last night near headquarters park, for reference my FJ has 33" r16
snow.jpg

when do you think it will be rideable?!? might make a weekend trip sometime when you guys say its ready! :face-icon-small-hap

All depends on the snow gods, and how much you like rocks and stumps :face-icon-small-ton.
I generally never think about riding until the north French creek snotel shows at least 36" and even then I ride the backup sled.

There's a small storm forecast for Monday - Tuesday....... I drive up after every storm this time of year lol.

I can't wait!!!!!

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I rode sand lake sat.. enough snow to ride the road thats about it. Hunters were not happy to see us. Not even a foot in the meadows in the open. Maybe 15" in tree pockets. 20" in the forecast tues/wed!!!

Premium Features