• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For the pros or anybody that knows

J
Mar 9, 2019
For the pros or anybody that might know will a 2009 CDI work on a 2008 i do know it has to be the same injeter color but the tag is off of the 2009 so is there another way to find out if its the same before i bye it

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
As long as it is for the same MODEL of sled (i.e. 800 and 700 no longer interchange) the dealer can "reflash" the ECM / ECU for a different color injector. They used to be able to interchange between engines too but the digital wrench checks the VIN stored in the ECM now and will only flash the map for the engine size associated with that VIN.
I would check with your dealer to make sure my info is current. If it is, you can install the ECM, then take the sled in and have the dealer put the flash in it for the injector color of your sled.

J
Mar 9, 2019
Thank u very much i just wish i would of readvthis first cuz i put the other cdi ecm whatever u want to call it and burned it in the same place as my old one. So i must have a short somewere huh thanks agin for ur reply

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Ah, voltage regulator most likely, not a short, too high a voltage... been there done that years ago. Find out what fried your ECM before plugging in a new one, sorry you had to learn the hard way. Newer versions of that voltage regulator were supposed to have overcurrent / overvoltage protection built in to them so they don't take out the ECM when they malfunction.

Premium Features