• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Alpha One 165 switching it to twin rail

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Wheal,
being you'd have to switch drivers that means you could use any track pitch. It may not be bad at all. I bet there's a hand full of people that went the other direction so you might be able to find a used skid too.
I looked up factory parts on the blueprint and the mountain cat and alpha share the same drive shaft with different drivers.
Was thinking of doing a new Doo track, side cut,

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Probably the easiest and cheapest way to do it, would be to find someone who has a low or similar mileage twin rail sled and wants to swap parts. I would consider it if your sled was a 154";-)

Last edited:

runner

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Canada
I think you can press the drivers off and reposition them in the traditional place on the driveshaft then use a Composit M67 track or Ski-doo 3.5" pitch track.

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Honestly, the cheapest and easiest way would be to swap the Alpha for a Mountain Cat. There should be someone willing to swap year for year. I have a 2018 162 that I would be serious about swapping plus giving you $1000. That may be going backwards in some people’s minds. Just a possible way to make it happen without tearing the machines apart. I would also do a swap skid for skid. I think mine has about 600-700 miles.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
well you'd need 8t drivers, 162 or 153 track as long as its a 3.0 pitch track and skid of matching length from a mCat to answer the question. like said the easiest would be to find someone with a mCat to swap parts across. I guarantee there are a lot of people that would do that swap and offer money on top, I know I would.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
After spending a lot of time on my 18’ mtn cat and 19’ alpha, I’m really starting to question which I prefer. Why do you wsntvto get rid of your alpha skid? Just curious. Like others have said, find someone to swap with who lives by you donyou don’t have to ship parts.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
There are a lot of cat 7 and 8 tooth drivers for sake out there for pretty cheap if you wanna run a 3” pitch track

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
After spending a lot of time on my 18’ mtn cat and 19’ alpha, I’m really starting to question which I prefer. Why do you wsntvto get rid of your alpha skid? Just curious. Like others have said, find someone to swap with who lives by you donyou don’t have to ship parts.

Better yet, he should save himself a lot of time and $$$$ and sell it as is and find a used low mile MoutIn Cat or Hardcore for the same or less $$$$.

Seems like a lot of wasted time, $$$$, and energy for minimal gain to me!

Premium Features