• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

755 Intermittent Bogging

B
Mar 8, 2013
Benicia, CA
I have an '06 700 RMK (755) with an intermittent bogging problem. Unfortunately I live 3+ hours away from the snow so I can't really work on it and then see if what I did helped for a while.

It seems to happen only after the sled has been running for anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hr. It will usually idle fine, then stumble just above idle at low to mid rpm, and then run well at high RPM. I tend to notice it most when I'm putting around at low speeds. Generally starts fine although occasionally takes several pulls to restart it after I get stuck in powder. Generally goes into reverse fine but will bog at low RPM just above idle in reverse too.

I first noticed it a few months ago after I had no spark in one of my plugs. After changing the plugs it ran better, but not 100% better, so I'm not sure if the plug thing is related to the current problem. It seemed like after running awhile, the gas tank would develop a vacuum because it would be hard to unscrew the gas tank and when I broke the seal it would make a sucking sound. I changed the fuel filter and blew compressed air through the tank vents to make sure they weren't kinked or blocked. Haven't gotten a chance to ride it and see if that fixed the problem.

Wondering if it is fuel related or spark related problem. I've read other threads and it seems like there are a ton of possibilities. I've read about how to make the TPS adjustment tool and I may check that next. I also wonder if it could be related to the Throttle Safety Switch (TSS). Ever since I put a left hand throttle on my sled, the regular right-hand throttle lever has been a little sloppy and doesn't always fully return to the closed throttle position on it's own without me having to kind of push it back a little with my thumb or blip the throttle really quick. I don't really understand how the TSS works. I see there is a little spring loaded tab that pops out at the throttle hand lever when I pull the hand lever to open the throttle. What is that supposed to do? Sometimes when I let off the gas, especially if I let off slowly, the throttle lever isn't fully pushing the little tab back in. Do you think that could be my problem?

Any input would be appreciated. It sucks not being able to ride after each little tweak, and I hate just making one tweak, then realizing it didn't fix the problem, and then having a crappy running sled the rest of the weekend. On the other hand, I don't really want to throw parts at it until I have some idea what it needs.

M

myre174

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Hi Greg!
Most likely a low speed fuel injector is in bad shape!
I had the same issue with my -06 RMK a few years ago..

Premium Features