• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

flooded 800

G
Nov 26, 2007
we got a 2014 800 that we came out in the morning and no start. pulled and pulled to no avail. figured plugs which we didnt have of course. not far from town so went down and got 4 and put them in. No fire. dealer said sometimes it will flood and it takes 24 hours before it will start? sure as **** the next morning first pull and it started? we were at a cabin so no big deal other than inconvenience. any solutions for this to get it started without waiting over night?

Sorry wrong area. dont know how to move!

Last edited:

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Holding the throttle wide open should put the ecu in flood clear mode and not inject any additional fuel, then just pull it over. or could remove one plug on each side and pull it over to clear it out faster and easier. Had mine do that once, took a few pulls at wide open before it finally fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
If I pull up to stop and hit the kill switch before waiting a second for the rpm to come down, my ctec has done that. Where it won’t start, but a little throttle hold down while pulling over let’s it fire right up. Only has done this a couple times until I learned it’s best to pull up and let sled idle down for a second before hitting the kill switch.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
2014 800 is Suzuki 800 in Proclimb, this is Ctec 800 engine page, my get beeter information in proclimb section

Premium Features