• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The thin, dry glove thread

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
Definitely not buying anything from outdoor research because they give money to winter wildlands.

Colonoscopy gloves however....box o' 50. Can't beat that.

I think the Klim Powerxross gloves are probably pretty similar to the OR Projects with the Gore grip liner and no insulation on the palm but insulation on the back of the hand.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The powerxross is still pretty thick. Similar to Motorfist WOT.
I don't like the small thumbs on Klim, hard to open ur hand all the way. The inversion's are about as thin as u can get.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
For those whose hands sweat a lot take a rubber / latex / nitrile glove and pole needle holes in fingers palm area so the sweat can drain out.

If you don't have a needle bite the holes in the glove.

Last edited:

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
The Klim Powercross gloves are a good glove. However, they do not last long I have had to warranty a couple of pairs. I have noticed the thumb will start to tear out along with fingers get thin then tear also. Klim has been good about replacing within reason.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I know this is a slightly different subject, but may be helpful with the glove situation.

A few years ago we were out riding on a pretty cold day. A buddy of mine ran into a creek and got one of his feet in the water so the boot and foot were pretty wet. BEFORE his foot had time to get cold, we took his wet sock off, put on a dry one, then put the dry foot and sock inside a plastic bread bag (non leaking - very important!) , and his foot did not get cold all day. Not the most "breathable" solution, but i guess since the water did not come in contact with his skin, the foot was able to stay warm and dry all day. After seeing how well this worked out, I have since carried dry socks and a few plastic bags with me.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
For those whose hands sweat a lot take a rubber / latex / nitrile glove and pole needle holes in fingers palm area so the sweat can drain out.

If you don't have a needle bite the holes in the glove.

This sounds like way more hassle than carrying a spare set of gloves.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
This sounds like way more hassle than carrying a spare set of gloves.

Not hard carrying nitrile gloves costing a dime. Store them anywhere and if you loose them … oops there goes a dime.

Just poke a hole to relieve sweat …

Lot easier than stopping the sled take off wet gloves , get out a dry pair of dry gloves and stow the wet gloves somewhere making sure they get dry before they mold.

A dime pair of nitrile gloves when they rip throw them away.

Have you ever wore a wetsuit?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
klim inversion are what I use. if you get wet hands with any klim gloves its from sweat or from taking gloves on an off while digging out. wearing a latex glove has to be the strangest thing I have heard of in awhile

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
wearing a latex glove has to be the strangest thing I have heard of in awhile

Yeah but when you snap them on, you can wink at the guy parked next to you and creep him out. That's certainly worth something.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
klim inversion are what I use. if you get wet hands with any klim gloves its from sweat or from taking gloves on an off while digging out. wearing a latex glove has to be the strangest thing I have heard of in awhile

Come to California … there are some pretty strange things here :eyebrows:

Like 23 feet of fresh powder for the month of February !!! :rockon::hail:

BTW … have you ever worn a wetsuit?

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Klim is my last choice of glove. Gave two pair away I disliked them so much.

Have carried nitrile gloves for years, but just for messy repairs, help keep the cold off and the grease out of your nice gloves.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
C
Nov 26, 2007
West Richland
Best gloves ever where a pair of Joe Rockets I got in the early 2000s. Perfect thickness on palm, insulation on top, pretty water proof (unless lots of digging) , and to top it off had a thumb squeegee. I forgot the model. I still have them but the pinkie has blown out and the palms have shrunk.

Have a pair of Klim wind proof gloves. They are fine but don't love them. Have serveral pairs of mechanics style gloves that I will wear

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
I've been using a pair of heavy gloves for the trail to help with wind. Then I'll switch to a super lightweight MX glove when we made it close to our destination.

Only had frostnip once this year :face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The KLIM Inversion is certainly their "Thinnest" glove and seems pretty well known here.

But they also offer a 2nd variant called the Inversion-Pro
https://www.klim.com/Inversion-Pro-Glove-5035-001

Rather than a synthetic palm, its all leather, and the backs of the fingers are much more protected for tree/branch encounters.
5035-000_Gray_02.jpg

91XR1JDF2uL._SY741_.jpg

Personally I wear the Powerxross if the temp is reasonable or the Fusion if the temps are colder.

Last edited:

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
The KLIM Inversion is certainly their "Thinnest" glove and seems pretty well known here.

But they also offer a 2nd variant called the Inversion-Pro
https://www.klim.com/Inversion-Pro-Glove-5035-001

Rather than a synthetic palm, its all leather, and the backs of the fingers are much more protected for tree/branch encounters.
5035-000_Gray_02.jpg

91XR1JDF2uL._SY741_.jpg

Personally I wear the Powerxross if the temp is reasonable or the Fusion if the temps are colder.

I find them too sticky to the bars and too difficult to get on with wet or damp hands.

Premium Features