• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diy rod bearings?

M
Oct 23, 2018
Hey guys. I got a 09 dragon last winter with a fully rebuilt motor with a fix kit, new jugs, crank and everything (piston blew a hole in the block) or so I was told by the previous owner. anyways Ive got like 6 days on the thing, I believe there is under 500 miles on the whole rebuild. Last weekend one of the crank bearings seized on the trail back to the truck. We got it freed and the motor still starts really easy and funs fairly smooth but it makes a really bad noise. My friend kind of thinks its the rod bearings but I wont know until I tear into it.

If it is the rod bearings is there a way to replace them at home or do I need a used or rebuilt crank? I'm just trying to get the thing running so I can sell it and get my money back out of it. Am I better off just selling it for parts or Is there an easy fix to get it back on its feet again?

from looking at pics of the crank it looks like I might be able to get access to the outside edge of the rods without messing up the alignment of everything. Is that the case or is this a job for professionals?

Premium Features