• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake snow conditions

pallet123

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2011
Anyone know how the snow conditions are in Seeley Lake? In town as well as up at elevation. Heading over on the 26th for 3 full days of riding. Also, which side of the lake has the best boondocking? Don't climb steep and deep, but love to carve around in the trees. Thanks in advance.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
The best boondocking is the west side. The east side is more open due to the fire than before but is still iffy and you would need to watch for the burned tree's. Was over there yesterday and were headed to Morrell Falls but bagged it due to downfall. More snow is forecast for the area this week.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
sno up there

sno tel site in the area is inching up on 100"

last week it rained then cooled and began snowing.

we ride the upper gold creek drainage looking right accross into a lot of the Seely riding areas. 20/21 sunny afternoons, 8-10" of fluff on a great base, you could flat go anywhere. last week end if you like covering a lot of ground effortlessly, it will never get better.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
is the burn covered yet?
which one? lol the old one behind the warming hut or the new stuff on the east side from this summer?

Coverage is crazy in seeley right now. down low is a little funky with the rain level but mid/high elevation is super good. super thick snow is burying everything.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Wed............more snow

Snow tel N fork Joko..................134"

Picked up almost two more feet since Sat.

Talked to guys plowing in town on Tuesday, said they got buried again.

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Seeley condition???

3 of us are thinking about heading out that way Feb 17th -21st. How are the conditions? coverage and fluffy stuff.. :)

Anyone feel like showing some peeps around or at least pointing us in a good directions? :)

Thank you,
Brent

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
We rode the west side today. Fresh snow about 8-9 inches down low and a lot more up high. We were in the Dinah Lake area and there was some over the hood areas. Did see a lot of cornices and a couple of slides in some steep terrain. The parking can be a zoo so get there early and hope you don't get blocked in.

Have fun,
Dan

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'll be there on Sunday.
Have to run up to the cabin to do some work.
I'll be taking the sleds to get in. I'm sure I'll play my way in.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Had a buddy up there today.
He said it was bluebird and headlight deep all day.

Can't wait.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Went to Maria’s pass today, must of rained, snow was very crusty..

am I missing something here. Came to this thread looking for seely lake conditions and we get an update on mariahs pass. fan freaking tastic freddy.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ya knob, you would like it, ride there today..

Holy shi*, you finally spelled something right!! Rode there Thursday and it was mediocre. Probably good for your standards though.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
how much snow

North Fork of the Joko sno tel has shown as high as 156", then some settling as sun comes out and temps drop at nite. 2/20/2018

So snow conditions at 2:43 pm on last Fri............ask me exactly which section of land you want to blast with your 3" rubber, that info is out there.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
We just got back from seeley lake. Rode 4 Days there, over the weekend it was easy to find snow over the hood, no tracks. It snowed close to 2.5’ maybe more on top while we were there. Yesterday, sun came out and it was still bumper deep. It was our first time there and all new area to us and we had fresh snow the whole time. We stayed at “the lodges on seeley lake” it was a nice place take the road a mile to get to trail up, or hop right on the lake and get there that way.

Premium Features