• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 2020?

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It seems to me that once you add warranty back in your back to full price. I was told 1500 for an additional 2 years which would only make a total of 3years. One year is definitely not enough for me with all the motor changes made and resale.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
It seems to me that once you add warranty back in your back to full price. I was told 1500 for an additional 2 years which would only make a total of 3years. One year is definitely not enough for me with all the motor changes made and resale.

My thoughts exactly. My 18 has warranty till 2021 and runs like a champ I think I'll keep it after looking into it it's no cheaper when it's all said and done.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
Ut-Jay, thats Out the Door...freight, set-up tax etc. If you are a Utah Resident, I can get you Out The Door at $13,723 for a 2020 165 Mtn Cat. (add $212 for the E-start or Hardcore). That breaks down to MSRP of 12,595, set-up at $150, tax tag title and license at $978. Come see us at Monte on Sat 3-16 if you want to test drive one or call me 801-682-8224

U
Jan 23, 2019
Ut-Jay, thats Out the Door...freight, set-up tax etc. If you are a Utah Resident, I can get you Out The Door at $13,723 for a 2020 165 Mtn Cat. (add $212 for the E-start or Hardcore). That breaks down to MSRP of 12,595, set-up at $150, tax tag title and license at $978. Come see us at Monte on Sat 3-16 if you want to test drive one or call me 801-682-8224

Thanks, I am in Nairobi, Kenya working until next week, but I will keep that in mind!

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Question; why does freight and set up vary between dealers? Is it based on volume or location?

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
Here is what I have found. I will just cut to the chase. Lets just say delivery and setup vary greatly.
Note that two quotes are for a base Alpha and one is for a mountain cat and none include sales tax.

Attachments

• quote 1.pdf
    455 KB · Views: 177
  • quote 2.pdf
    441.4 KB · Views: 142
  • quote 3.pdf
    429.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
That’s not right at all, should just be the sled, plus freight, and then add ur state tax. It could really have been that easy for the dealers, but some just keep playing their games. I know some are not charging freight, prob banking on holdback, which is cool. Warranty, if you want extended can be had at very competitive rates too. The post about 1200 for extended warranty is ridiculous too, I’d find a new dealer!

W
May 2, 2008
Northern Cali
That’s not right at all, should just be the sled, plus freight, and then add ur state tax. It could really have been that easy for the dealers, but some just keep playing their games. I know some are not charging freight, prob banking on holdback, which is cool. Warranty, if you want extended can be had at very competitive rates too. The post about 1200 for extended warranty is ridiculous too, I’d find a new dealer!
I'm still wrapping my head around 750 for delivery AND 750 for setup?:pound::pound::pound:

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
My dealer in Michigan is selling his sleds for the advertised price. I'm getting the riot X with the qs3 shocks, 2" track for $11750.00, no freight, set up nothing. You obviously have to pay tax in the required state you live in. Also $800.00 for another 3 years of warranty to make it a total of 4 years.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I've checked a couple of dealers and they are claiming that is a mandate, if you will, from Cat to get the frt / set-up, which I have rarely paid. One dealer said to let him know if I find it a lot cheaper as Cat wants to know.

Basically the advertised Cat promo pricing looks good at first glance, but in reality I would be paying a few hundred more for a 20 vs my 19 even though the advertised snow check price is much less than I paid for my snow check 19.

Nothing more than a sales gimmick and playing with the numbers by Cat this year, albeit, snow check is usually just that by all the manufacturers.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
Not a mountain guy but my dealer does not charge me any extra and actually beat the price of what Cat showed on there web site. Taking the difference and applying it to an extended warranty as buying into the iAct.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
I've checked a couple of dealers and they are claiming that is a mandate, if you will, from Cat to get the frt / set-up, which I have rarely paid. One dealer said to let him know if I find it a lot cheaper as Cat wants to know.

All of the information being thrown around these days is unfortunate, I hope to clarify some things by stating the following:

1. All the manufacturer (Textron) can mandate is that a dealer sells the "vehicle" for a particular price.
2. It is up to the dealer to decide what they want to charge for freight, no matter what they actually pay. They may choose to charge nothing. They may directly pass the freight cost to the customer. They may choose to up-sell the freight cost to the customer. Any of these options is the dealer's choice.
3. A dealer is mandated by the manufacturer (for liability reasons) to perform the PDI (set-up) on the vehicle before delivery to the customer. However, similar to item #2 above, it it is up to each dealer what to charge for this service.
4. All new vehicles come with a 1-year factory warranty from date of purchase. Any extended warranty is available for the purchaser to price and negotiate to the best of their abilities.
5. Taxes vary depending on location....

These are the facts. I'm not encouraging or discouraging anything. However, it has already been identified by others that there are dealers out there willing to eat the freight charges and perform PDI for free in order to earn your business. If you choose to seek out those dealers that is your choice. If you choose not to and sit on social media to complain that these prices are the same as every other year, that is your choice too.

And to my last statement, I agree that if you priced out a 2020 year vehicle/extended warranty and compared it to previous year similar vehicle/extended warranty, they would likely be very close. The difference is that in previous years you HAD to take the extended warranty and this year you do NOT. Therefore, we are now afforded a discount that was not previous available.

Best option: find a dealer not charging freight, not charging PDI, in a low sales tax state and do not get an extended warranty.

otherwise... quit your bitching... we all know it's an expensive hobby.

Last edited:

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
All of the information being thrown around these days is unfortunate, I hope to clarify some things by stating the following:

1. All the manufacturer (Textron) can mandate is that a dealer sells the "vehicle" for a particular price.
2. It is up to the dealer to decide what they want to charge for freight, no matter what they actually pay. They may choose to charge nothing. They may directly pass the freight cost to the customer. They may choose to up-sell the freight cost to the customer. Any of these options is the dealer's choice.
3. A dealer is mandated by the manufacturer (for liability reasons) to perform the PDI (set-up) on the vehicle before delivery to the customer. However, similar to item #2 above, it it is up to each dealer what to charge for this service.
4. All new vehicles come with a 1-year factory warranty from date of purchase. Any extended warranty is available for the purchaser to price and negotiate to the best of their abilities.
5. Taxes vary depending on location....

These are the facts. I'm not encouraging or discouraging anything. However, it has already been identified by others that there are dealers out there willing to eat the freight charges and perform PDI for free in order to earn your business. If you choose to seek out those dealers that is your choice. If you choose not to and sit on social media to complain that these prices are the same as every other year, that is your choice too.

And to my last statement, I agree that if you priced out a 2020 year vehicle/extended warranty and compared it to previous year similar vehicle/extended warranty, they would likely be very close. The difference is that in previous years you HAD to take the extended warranty and this year you do NOT. Therefore, we are now afforded a discount that was not previous available.

Best option: find a dealer not charging freight, not charging PDI, in a low sales tax state and do not get an extended warranty.

otherwise... quit your bitching... we all know it's an expensive hobby.

Thanks for the info, nothing I really didn't already know. Simply stating what I have been told by a couple of dealers, wasn't bitching. I know the game well , have bought , and sold 30-40 sleds in last 20 years - and yes , I know it is an expensive hobby, more so in the last 3-4 years.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for the info, nothing I really didn't already know. Simply stating what I have been told by a couple of dealers, wasn't bitching. I know the game well , have bought , and sold 30-40 sleds in last 20 years - and yes , I know it is an expensive hobby, more so in the last 3-4 years.

The end statement wasn't meant for you, it was for the masses that always complain about price. And I was just using your post as a reference as I've seen a lot of similar posts with various information and yours just happened to be the easiest to garb at the time.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
You guys should say what your quote is for, big difference between a base 154 and hardcore 165 in price

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features