• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 axys upgrades

M
Sep 13, 2009
Have a 600 axys I love riding as a back up or spring riding sled.... Really feel it needs a gear down kit, I know alot of people think tki is that way to go for a gear down kit, but have heard of people putting pro chassis quick drive gears on an axys for a minor gear down, has anyone done it before and how did you like the outcome?

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
I bought a 600 for a backup and a sled for low elevation around home. We got dumped on and I definitely agree on the gear down. Not sure which option is best yet. I’m trying to figure out how to lighten it up and get the driveline as efficient as possible. Super fun sled

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Lots of threads on here about gear-downs for the Axys belt drive, the cheapest way out is to pick up a set of '13-'15 Pro gears and run them with the Axys QD belt. That will lose one tooth on top and gain one on the bottom. Can typically pick them up for $140-150 a set plus some shipping.

Search on snowest forums is lame. Use Google and site:www.snowest.com as a search term and you will find lots of info on the exact gear ratios etc.

I am riding a 2015 Pro with a Kurts gear-down, it is great, they might be OOS on Axys gear-down kits but I am sure they have more in the pipeline. Those run you more than the Pro QD gears though. TKI makes a great product too but the install on my Pro was a hassle for me and interfered with an e-start battery bracket so I sold it and got a Kurts, much simpler...

Premium Features