• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain cat and Sleddeck

J
Feb 24, 2019
Hi Guys,
hope someone can help me out here.
i have a 18' mountain cat 153' with a 8' sleddeck.
i tie it up with a superclamp.

here is the probleme the superclamp dosent hold the sled in place, the sled always goes backward and after a while the superclamp is up to the ski hooks.
yes the brake is always on. seems maybe to be because the 18' skis dont have any bumps on top of them.

did anyone have this problem and found a solution?

Thanks guys

R
Jul 23, 2018
mine did that as well. i put finally ended up putting a strap from bumper to headache rack to keep it from sliding back

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
How tight is the adjuster on the super clamp? I have mine cranked down so that when I hook the clamp into the ring I have to push down just a little to get it in. Basically zero slop between the clamp hook and the ring. When I cam the lever over the center of the clamp bows down close to an inch. I have powder pro ski's which are smooth on top and only time my sleds move is if I hit a big bump.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Even with the small bumps on the 19 skis my sleds can push back. I have my front super clamp real tight, and I also use rear super clamps

J
Feb 24, 2019
mine did that as well. i put finally ended up putting a strap from bumper to headache rack to keep it from sliding back

i guess thats a common problem, didnt have that issue with my freeride.
the point of having a super is not to have to strap it:face-icon-small-dis

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
The only time mine moves much at all is on the 11 hour drive to Cooke. I am planning on track clamps to help this. They usually don't move on the 9 hours to Livingston. Its the 2 hours to get thru the park on that frost heaved beat up road.

Premium Features