• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which 174" track for a 2018 axys 163?

U
Sep 12, 2010
Which track does everyone love? I'm dreaming of more track. I recently picked up a new holdover 2018 axys 800 with the 163/2.6

It looks like a 3" track will fit...

I might use my stock 2.86" drivers for a 3" pitch track.
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445881&highlight=drivers+2.86

The tunnel looks long enough for a 174", but I don't know about clearance to the flap, bumper or cooler. When I stretched my snowbike I kicked the tunnel up at the rear for better clearance and cooling.

I like tight trees and playing around more than just up-and-down hill climbing. I installed 36" a-arms yesterday.

I ride primarily Central Washington.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Which track does everyone love? I'm dreaming of more track. I recently picked up a new holdover 2018 axys 800 with the 163/2.6

It looks like a 3" track will fit...

I might use my stock 2.86" drivers for a 3" pitch track.
https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445881&highlight=drivers+2.86

The tunnel looks long enough for a 174", but I don't know about clearance to the flap, bumper or cooler. When I stretched my snowbike I kicked the tunnel up at the rear for better clearance and cooling.

I like tight trees and playing around more than just up-and-down hill climbing. I installed 36" a-arms yesterday.

I ride primarily Central Washington.

Conquer 280 = lightweight low durability trencher

Poo 174 series 7. Potentially can be had for cheap. Similar durability to the 280 with less trenching.

X3.2 is a mid weight very durable deep snow flotation track (maybe more push than you want)
(But if you start big ya can always cut the lugs?)

X3 good all around that is heavier than all the above. Also durable.

The x3.2 does fit on the stock 2.86 drivers.
(Ratchets pretty easy though)

Last edited:

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I did exactly what you are talking about. I used a series 7 Polaris track because I found a good deal on a take off. 3 inch pitch avid drivers. Fire and ice tunnel extension, rogue concepts rear bumper, tracks USA tail extension, and TKI belt drive to gear it down. If I could use any track i would have gone with the 3.2 camso. No problems, have loved it.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
3.2 would be first choice, then the 7 series that I run on mine now, its really a pretty good track, i'll try the 3.2 if need be next one

Premium Features