• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for riding info/areas near Elkhorn Hot Springs and Georgetown Lake

SkiDooHoser

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Driggs, Idaho
Looking for riding info for the areas around Wise River, Polaris, Mt and Georgetown Lake. Wife and I are touring some of the smaller Montana ski resorts and bringing sleds. Staying at Elkhorn hot Springs for a few nights and a cabin at Georgetown Lake. Looking for fun areas, tips or great ideas so please let me know.

I see the groomers on the map. Looking for the good stuff now. We ride the steep and deep of Wyoming and Idaho and have full avi gear. Also we are not too cool to take a sight seeing ride on groomers if that’s all there is. We will ride anything!

Thanks!

Last edited:

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
ridding

there is good ridding out of elkhorn hotsprings,bear lake ,odell peak,lacy creek.maverick moutain is a good small ski area,we hit it often.gergetown has redlion area and iam sure many other spots dont know it very well..hit some of the locals up in both spots they might have some good info..

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
the BIG HOLE

the entire West side of the Big hole valley is epic alpine high country challenging terrain. Maybe not an epic snow year this year. Check out the Upper Swamp creek access point. Rough trail at times up to the riding area. Then WOW. BE careful, its avalanche terrain of the highest order, people have died there.

Years back when Jackson Hot springs was open in the winter, March/April weekends sometimes a zoo of 4 place trailers and riders. Best access now is TWIN Lakes road just south of Wisdon.

Premium Features