• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 LOW voltage at idle now

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey guys, So I swapped my fuel tank with my spare pro which is a 100% good running machine and stock, no issues. Reason being Is I'm having some issues with my sled, it's turbo'd so it had a lower pressure fuel regulator, Wanted to try stock FPR, figured quicker to swap tanks than open them up and swap a regulator in.

Fire up the sled and my a/f gauge is rebooting, and my turbo fuel injector controller is also rebooting and bugging out. So I check the voltage, 7V at ~2050 rpm idle. Last ride the other day the sled seemed OK at idle and all then was parked for 2 days and I tore into it, so who knows if this is coincidential or not.

I've swapped the AC regulator. DC reg, capacitor that sits ontop of the DC Reg, no changes. It will fire up and gauges are all good then after about 5 seconds of idling it drops. Fuel pump tested at 5.4 amps, which from everything I read is perfectly fine and again came off a good running sled. Wiggled connectors, moved some wiring, no help or changes.

Edit: probable/likely cause Is that the pro rmk electrical system doesn't have a lot to give on the DC side, so I'm on the edge and the fuel pump using up a bit more power than my other one was enough to cause me the issues. Will look into hooking up a small battery and using the other voltage regulator to power my extra stuff.

Last edited:
Premium Features