• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dealer Show Pics !!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F
I hope thats true- but I have heard that it is the same ( electrionic reverse)
as in the last 2 years- there is still the patent on the backwards running motor..But would be great if they finally did

I heard that the patent was challenged and overturned because makers of Golf Carts have been using the same technology for years. just what I heard I don't know if it is true or not.

FT

M
Nov 26, 2007
Newfoundland
I wonder if they will offer a kit to give the older M sleds reverse. I dont wanna sell my M7 but the new ones are pretty tempting. If I give it to my g/f it needs reverse and electric start.

Ive also heard that Cat has approached two local guys and gave them new big power sleds to race in Cains Quest. Heard this through a very good source. If Cat wins this race, along with already winning the iron dog race, they are hands down the toughest sleds on snow. I read the turbo bearcat has a 17.5g tank.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
An adjustable riser?? That's about as stupid as the old fusion adjustable steering post.
If you've ever seen the panzies from thief river ride, you'd understand the adjustable riser, I've never seen someone climb sitting on their *** before. I guess that also explains why a decent seat has to be an "option" instead of just making the sled better in the first place.

22lbs, wow, so the electronic reverse, the tunnel change & a touch of weight off the skid, weak.

I like the evolutionary changes, but they just don't seem to have the balls to take a larger step, we can pull 22lbs off a sled in about an hour without spending much $$, it takes them years.

And that riser is still pretty queer, first thing to remove!

btw, to retro the reverse, I'd think you'd need a new ecu, so it would be a bit pricey, also very different wiring harnesses, so it would be a bear to make it all work.

T
Jan 10, 2008
Great marketing done at AC with the Crossfire R. They realized that the guys that had the Firecats and loved them(I didn't particularilly like them) wanted an updated and better version of what they had before. Now they have that. They will sell a lot of those this coming year. Also, it seems like they are really focusing on making the M series into what it is meant for. I live in Iowa and a lot of guys around here have Ms, and their structure isn't meant to be beaten through a ditch. AC made the Ms into a sled that will only be purchased for the weekly mountain rider and gave an option with the 141 Crossfire to the guy who wants something for flatland, but takes the occasional trip to the mountains. As far *** the weight, 22 lbs. is quite a bit. I have been hearing over and over about the ski doos and how light they are and how well they climb. Thats all fine and good but they have to run. I think the Ms will really gain on the doos this year. I think the only question is the reverse system. Alot of things like this struggle in the first year. If everything works, I don't know if the doos can keep up. As for the F series, I haven't ever ridden one, but I don't know if they will sell many of these. I think a lot of people will go the R route. As far as marketing, great job done here, no we will see how the engineering part went.

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
WELL SAID!!! They could build the whole thing out of unobtanium and weigh only 150 punds with 350 horsepower and get 75 miles per gallon, but who cares if it won't last the day!

Give me a sled that will run all season and I'll dig out a few extra times, and make a few more tries at the high mark.

Gentlemen, you misunderstand me. Not lookiing for something radical. Look....2010 is just around the corner. I happen to know that Cat has been working on either and SDI or DFI engine. Where is it? Shouldn't that be in a consumer testing phase right now. I agree that the M changes are great tweaks on a great sled. However when you look at the new Crossfire models what do you see....I see a Crossfire that got a 128 F skid and a Crossfire that got a 141 M skid. Looks to me like they are trying to get rid of parts again (how the Crossfire came about...ZR parts in a newer frame). A 141 over the 136 adds what, a whopping 3 to 4 inches more to the ground. It's an intersting move and I agree that refining what they have was as safe move. However, it seems to fly in the face of current demographics. Jaguar Z1 is great and that might help cover some of those demographics. It's the new Crossfire lineup that doesn't seem to make sense. I still suspect that there may be a late fall release of a new chassis "based" on the Sno Pro and a new engine. There are a couple magazine insiders that still seem to think so as well.

So not looking to help you get your unobtanium panties in a knot...just expressing my "I've been a Cat guy for many years" opinion.

Out

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
As far as the reverse goes, the technology has been out there for a while now, so I would hope it would be pretty solid even though it'll be first year for cat.
I just hope it doesn't work like many revs where it dies when you put it into reverse.

B
Nov 26, 2007
It's the new Crossfire lineup that doesn't seem to make sense. I still suspect that there may be a late fall release of a new chassis "based" on the Sno Pro and a new engine. There are a couple magazine insiders that still seem to think so as well.

So not looking to help you get your unobtanium panties in a knot...just expressing my "I've been a Cat guy for many years" opinion.

Out
personally, i think the crossfire change are the ones that make the most sense... the crossover riders are basically divided into two groups... one that only occasionally jumps off trail for a bit of play time and the other than rides trails and off-trail fairly equally and occasionally trips out west... the 141 CF sled is perfect for group 2... short enough to be a useful trail sled, long enough to play in the deep stuff as well and also has an uncoupled rear skid... the 128" version will appeal to the other group... the 136 coupled skid, imho, only LOOKED like a deep snow sled and mostly was for show though it rode very well on the trails it only worked so-so off-trail... especially in the 1.25 lug track... the SP version for 09 has a 141x1.5" track, big enough to be fairly effective off trail for midwest riders and short enough to be used as a trail track... imho, this is the best crossover sled ever made... toss a 2.25" track in the corner of the garage and you've got a capable mt sled for western trips... the CF8SP is a nearly perfect sled for us midwestern rider who want a mt sled but can't justify having a 153-162" ride for trail duty that we inevitably have to use it for... again, I think new tech is cool, but, i'm NEVER gonna guinea pig for any manufacturer (my riding time is too precious for that) and cat and polaris right now have the most proven platforms and engines on the snow at the moment... this is a good lineup for Cat in my eyes... not ground breaking or anything, but solid and potentially a great lineup depending on how the chips fall...

R
Nov 26, 2007
MN.
...... Shouldn't that be in a consumer testing phase right now.....

I'm glad Cat doesn't doo too much consumer testing like BRP.

Ask those owners how it feels to be buying test sleds.

Cat doesn't have to go DI with the 2-strokes yet and it's a good idea to keep it in development and engineering until they do.

Last edited:
B
Nov 26, 2007
And a 141" adds how much more track to the ground than a 136"......2.5"!!

It's all just opinion.
of course it is... but you know enough to realize that the uncoupled mt skid in the 141 is WAY better off trail than the coupled trail skid from last year right??? 2.5" extra length, sure its not much, but look at track selection compared to 136 for one thing but lets face it, the track length difference between a 153 and a 162 is only 4.5"... that's nothin.... ;) yet it makes a difference doesn't it??

S

springer

Feb 1, 2008
Washington
AS for the adjustable handlebar riser, it is just sick and wrong!!!! Why don't they just put a tall one to begin with...Knowing that if you don't like it , you can go out to your shop , and get one of the many short ones you got laying around !!!!!

T
Jan 10, 2008
While I doubt I would like the 141 over my current crossfire, it makes sense. Just toss a different track on and your done to go out west. I have extension for mine which moves it to 144, so really I would rather spend the 10 mins putting my extensions on and have that little more and little less when I want it. It does make sense that they made the 128 and 141. They want a new sled out there that the guys who previously had the narrow track, and liked it, will go for. The 141 is basically the M 141 from years past with a different name, thats all

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Photo of the spring order black version...along with a top view of a real sled's rear tunnel.

attachment.php

Last edited:
C

Catmando

Dec 1, 2007
Well I jumped ship last year because Cat never really had the sled I wanted, that being a RR snopro Now I did build my own as most of you know,it was a brand new 05 440 snopro that I put a 600 firecat motor in,but shortly after building it i got offered the right amout of money and I could not pass on the deal,so off she went and me back on the sled hunt. Now after testing a few models and brands the only sled that handled either bit close to the snopro was the Phazer so thats what I purchased turboed and all and she has worked flawless as a four stroke should.
Well after that little rant is out of me ,lets get back on topic ,Cats new lineup and I have to say I like the new lineup but im disappointed at the same time,now im sure or should I say ,really hope that cat will listen and more than likely have a mid season release of a RR or something similar to it in that 08 600 snopro race chassie.It also seems like big four are starting to listen to the public and are trying to make the sleds that people want but now that I have a 4 stroke Yamaha Phazer I would really like to see something similar like this from cat and even poo and doo.A little 4 banger with 100/120hp in the snopro race chassie with 128/141 track and around 450lbs or so.This would be the ticket to a wicket sled and I would be all over it as would alot of other people,it would also be a aftermaket turbo companys dream.It would be in the class with the phazer and nytro or maybe they could even make it so that you could buy the snopro chassie with 2 or 3 motor options like a four stroke with 90/100hp to go up against the phazer and 120/130hp to beat up on the nytro.Would anyone else like to see or buy this sled?I know I would.
Well anyway I guess we will have to wait and see but in the mean time I cant wait to see some of them and even try out some of this new iron.
For anyone who wants to see the sleds and specs here is the PDF link. http://www.arcticcat.com/snow/pdf/09FullLineBroch-en.pdf
Cheers Roger

Last edited:
first off I think that the phazer is only about 80hp:D not 100. secondly cats z1 is 125 hp whisc is close to the nytro. I just wish they would offer these engines as options in more chassis. I also want the z1turbo engine in a mountain chassis(I keep posting this hoping the factory guys are watching the 4-ms and take the hint:D)

P

pistonring14

Feb 27, 2008
2009 M sleds at dealership in CALGARY

Ralphs motorsports has 7 2009 m sleds in stock and to be viewed at there open house tommorrow seen them today fricking awsome changes there on 32 Ave in NE Calgary check them out

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
really like the changes and i am kind of glad they didnt rush out a new platform.
and even if they do roll out the new mountain chassis next year , thats got to be pretty darn good from the get go. how much better can a mountain or crossover sled get than the 09 releases? my money is the 09 cats will be the ones to beat stock for stock on the snow this year baring any misques on reliablity
lighter? if the new snopro is par to last style wouldnt the consumer version be par to current models. i dont know but these refined models are going to be tough act to follow. sure theres 2k in mods i would like to do to one out of the crate but only a few things to make it more ridable come to mind.

Premium Features