• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Pulse Pitch?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
They have this on sale for $377, looking for reviews, Anyone have this pack?

http://www.backcountry.com/snowpulse-highmark-pitch-ras-airbag-pack
$283.03 + Canister

SnowpulsePitch.png

Last edited by a moderator:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
that is a screaming deal well below dealer cost!
I just bought one as a backup pack for my regular SnoPulse Highmark

They have 5 left in stock!

Minimalist airbag protection designed specifically for snowmobiling.

As snowmobiles get better and better, more and more people are riding into serious avalanche terrain, and accidents are correspondingly on the rise. A heavy sled is more likely to stress deeply-buried weak layers in the snowpack, triggering large, unexpected avalanches that can have serious consequences for those that get caught, making training, experience, and cautious decision-making the most important tools a rider can bring into the backcountry. It also doesn't hurt to have an avalanche airbag like the Highmark Pitch RAS Airbag Pack, which is designed to keep you on the surface of a slide if you do get caught.

The Pitch is the lightest, smallest snowmobile airbag pack on the market, with a weight of just over 5 pounds, but has a full-size Snowpulse RAS (Removable Airbag System) airbag that inflates behind your head with a pull of the shoulder-strap-mounted deployment handle, the goal being to keep your head exposed and your airway unobstructed. As the name suggests, the RAS is completely removable if you're wearing the pack in safe terrain, and can also be transferred between other RAS-compatible packs, so you're never unprepared even if you're using different bags for different adventures. (Please note that the required Refillable Compressed Air Cartridge is sold separately)

Made to be super-minimal, the Pitch has only the features you absolutely need. The main compartment holds the gear required for a lightweight day of backcountry sledding, with special pockets for your probe and shovel blade, while a carry system on the outside of the pack holds the handle securely for comfortable riding and fast, easy access. Heavy-duty waist and chest straps keep the Pitch securely attached, too, since it's no good having an airbag that ends up deployed but not connected to your body.

Please remember, an airbag is NOT a promise of backcountry safety. Avalanches are dangerous, and should be avoided altogether. Get educated, get the proper tools and training, ride with trustworthy friends, and make smart decisions out there.

• Lightest, smallest snowmobile airbag on the market
  • Removable and transferable between all RAS-compatible packs
  • Internal shovel pocket and prove sleeve
  • External shovel handle carry system
  • Heavy-duty aluminum waist and chest straps
  • Oversized, glove-friendly zippers
  • Refillable compressed-air cartridge sold separately and must be filled before use

highmark_pitch.jpg

highmark_pitch_back.jpg

highmark_pitch_open.jpg

2013%20Highmark%20Pitch%20Side.jpg

Last edited:

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I added it to my cart and it changed from 283.03 to 471.71. Now whenever I click the link it's 471.71 Which still isn't a bad price but man I would've loved to get one for 283.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK, so these guys are SLICK.
They are using a dynamic pricing system that raises and lowers the price on the fly based on store activity. I would wait and see what happens later tonight...

I got it for -55% off MSRP last night.
Now I see them selling it for -25% off MSRP.

Order Placed:
March 25, 2014 11:11:58 PM MDT

Order Number:
c2045243549

Order Total:
$283.03

Shipping Method:
Free Standard

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I tried at 11:55ish. I'll watch it tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Premium Features