• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation question of a BD race gas kit upgrade question..

B
Jan 21, 2008
I was done installing the race gas upgrade kit on my 07M8 until I noticed fuel leaking from the rail side of my secondary injectors. My fuel rail only has one bolt that holds the rail to the airbox. That one bolt is offset on the rail.. not center. When I first start the sled the injectors dont leak.. but after idling the vibration shakes the fuel rail causing the injectors to slide around and start leaking fuel. I can't be the first guy this has happened to. My question is to anyone who has ran into this is ... what have you done to remedy the problem?

We have run into this issue on the race gas kit. Have only seen it on the non-intercooled kit. We had to shave down the fuel hold down bracket so the rail would fully seat the injectors. Thought it was a pinched or rolled o-ring at first but took it all apart then noticed the rail would pivot on the the hold down and not seat one injector or the other. Looks like possibly the welded tab on the air box wasn't properly aligned when welded. The box was so tight to get in and out it was easier to modify the rail. Haven't had a leak yet. Not sure if anyone else ran into this problem. Hope this helps and good luck with $10/gal fill-ups

Premium Features