• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High idle then low idle, and no reverse

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
Sled had high idle early today and the reverse did not work. Now the sled idles really low and the reverse still does not work. The tps has been set with a fluke and has ran flawless since new. It has 260 miles on it. Any ideas? Thanks

R
Oct 10, 2011
Sled had high idle early today and the reverse did not work. Now the sled idles really low and the reverse still does not work. The tps has been set with a fluke and has ran flawless since new. It has 260 miles on it. Any ideas? Thanks

Mine did the same thing and tps was bad took it in and had it replaced under warranty!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
Well, got it figured.
Dried the tps connection first.
Put it back together and problem still existed.
Then I started thinking and remembered that I bumped my bumper a couple rides ago and the sled acted wierd for a few miles after that happened. I replaced the bumper and the problem reared it's head on the next ride. I then thought about all the grounds that attach at the bumper mount.
I loosened the nut and re-tightened and the problem has disappeared. I know it seems weird but the ground connection seems incredibly sensitive. Thanks again for the help guys.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Powville, WA and BC
Well, got it figured.
Dried the tps connection first.
Put it back together and problem still existed.
Then I started thinking and remembered that I bumped my bumper a couple rides ago and the sled acted wierd for a few miles after that happened. I replaced the bumper and the problem reared it's head on the next ride. I then thought about all the grounds that attach at the bumper mount.
I loosened the nut and re-tightened and the problem has disappeared. I know it seems weird but the ground connection seems incredibly sensitive. Thanks again for the help guys.

Premium Features