• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Saw the 2012 Cats today?? behind the R&D facility in IP??

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Yep we were playing in the Sawtell area behind Cat's R&D when two riders came emerging from a trail saw us and bolted wide open into the woods. What we saw was something very similar to Cat's race sled, (long tracked) but seemed like a bit more narrow in the front end. A third rider emerged looking for his partners who were tucked into the woods line, that sled had a bra type covering the front of the sled hiding something. I know not much to give ya but they were not happy we saw what we saw! To bad we did not have the camera at the ready!:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Seen me an air plane fly over today. Well, didn't really SEE the plane. It was way up there. My dog saw it also. He is drawing a likeness of it as we speak.:face-icon-small-coo

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Clean lines, low center of gravity. Although I can't tell from the drawing, it looks like they are using a lot of titanium and magnesium. Also looks like the steering problem has been fixed with that angle they are using as well as the new u-joint in the steering post allowing for great feel and a less offensive feedback ratio to the rider.

N

nikeholley

Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma
Hah...

Clean lines, low center of gravity. Although I can't tell from the drawing, it looks like they are using a lot of titanium and magnesium. Also looks like the steering problem has been fixed with that angle they are using as well as the new u-joint in the steering post allowing for great feel and a less offensive feedback ratio to the rider.

That's funny right there..!!..

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Hilly:

Guys, I am out in I.P with hilly, and while I was back at the cabin today, I need to remind you that hilly brought two 1.75s of skyy vodka out here, and he was about half way into his second bottle just before he posted this earth shattering revelation. Sober up hilly, its a long drive back to Minnesota

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Also looks like it must be a Di. Not much smoke at all... Those are speed squiggles.

cwbyup_22

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Park City, MT
I saw Bret Rasmussen's pickup and trailer leaving there yesterday, I am sure they were up there testing, but I didn't see anything else.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Rasmussen wasn't testing yesterday, he was with riding with a group from Iowa that hired him. He pulled up along side me up near the Jefferson area and talked to me for a little bit. All he said when I asked him about the 2012s was "March 8th."

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
I saw Bret Rasmussen's pickup and trailer leaving there yesterday, I am sure they were up there testing, but I didn't see anything else.

NOPE, just there riding Rasmussen style, spent the whole week with him, he wouldn't tell me much

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
Rasmussen wasn't testing yesterday, he was with riding with a group from Iowa that hired him. He pulled up along side me up near the Jefferson area and talked to me for a little bit. All he said when I asked him about the 2012s was "March 8th."
I dont want to wait a month!! I'm sick of waiting, I want to see them now! I need to know if I'm going back to Polaris next year, or if I'll be on one of these fancy new cats.

Premium Features