• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

: How satisfied are you with your Arctic Cat?

: How satisfied are you with your Cat

• Total voters

M7DingBat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2009
Alaska
Own both an M and an XP. Will say that I like the XP better for handling and power but have had many, many issues with it. Blown motors, clutches, etc.... The M has been completely trouble free. runs like a top every time. Really thinking about getting another and dumping this XP.

I have a friend who's in the same boat....His XP ripps! (when it works....)
He's looking at getting another M. He had an '08 M8, then got the XP, and has kicked himself for it eversince. He'll admit that the XP is better than his M8, but there is something to be said for "Turn Key" reliability. And so far, doo has yet to give him that. I'll give him till Arctic Man up here in AK till he is back on a Cat.

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
Love my 08 M8. you can take that thing deep in the trees and sidehill forever until you find your exit. Holds up really well even after bouncing off every tree on the hill haha. First Cat I've owned that hasnt had a mechanical issue of any sort or any fit & finish issues. My Crossfire's left shock wasnt actually bolted onto the upper mount, and gradually worked its way off and right thru my bellypan and airbox(warranty) but still is my favorite sled of all time.

C
Nov 8, 2009
My goal buying a 08 m10 was to leave it stock. I wanted to be able to put gas and oil in and just ride. The thing is so rich that I have to carry a box of spare plugs with me just to make it through the week. My dealer is useless for technical advice. If they didn't sponser my nephew for motocross I wouldn't set foot in there. Problem is that I absolutly love the way it rides. I have ridden everything except a Yamaha and wouldn't choose a different chassis to ride. I guess it is time to spend some money to make it run properly....so much for stock.

If you are running that rich throw a y-pipe and can on it and it will lean out and rip.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I like my sled...........butttttt

I like my arctic cat sleds......ok the last 10 new ones anyway

ARCTIC the company is not not on the leading edge of much of anything structurally.

the engineers are ok for what the bean counters are giving them to work with...sleds are just a little better than the competition over the long haul.

the organization in management and customer relations is typical fat and stupid, making some profit, secure in the fact that it will never go away, afraid to make any changes until they are facing complete closure when its too late. Starts at the top and that mentality is carried downward as they hire and fire to keep yes men to make the BOSS HAPPY. Hope they make it through the current $$$$ crisis so the engineers and techs have work.
Their response to their problems of their own creation is centuries old, .........igore them and pretend they don't exist until its a crisis. History repeating itself over and over and over.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I have on over 10,000 miles on my 08 m1k and love it still.I got the motor rebuilt at around 8,000 mile mark.I am now on my third speedo though and other than the clutch breaking off the crank and destroying both clutches around 7,000 miles I have had no real problems other than that.Thank you warrenty.:face-icon-small-hap

B

bigcat_ak

Nov 27, 2007
North Pole Alaska
I like my arctic cat sleds......ok the last 10 new ones anyway

ARCTIC the company is not not on the leading edge of much of anything structurally.

the engineers are ok for what the bean counters are giving them to work with...sleds are just a little better than the competition over the long haul.

the organization in management and customer relations is typical fat and stupid, making some profit, secure in the fact that it will never go away, afraid to make any changes until they are facing complete closure when its too late. Starts at the top and that mentality is carried downward as they hire and fire to keep yes men to make the BOSS HAPPY. Hope they make it through the current $$$$ crisis so the engineers and techs have work.
Their response to their problems of their own creation is centuries old, .........igore them and pretend they don't exist until its a crisis. History repeating itself over and over and over.

Man you got all of that from owning 10 sleds??? :face-icon-small-sho LOL. Good read bud!!:face-icon-small-hap

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Very slow day at work and I've read the poll's on the Cat, Polaris and Ski-Doo forums. The Cat poll reads a whole lot different! I was a brand new Cat owner in '09 with the '09 M1000 Sno Pro. I was so hesitant after I sno checked the cat in the spring of '08 that I never slept well that whole summer. Since then, over the last 2 winters, I've had 0 issues with this sled and I've pissed off a whole lot of friends that have had to take their pump gas 800's to the race gas stage to beat me. Now I'm really wanting a race gas 800 (I got used to that feeling that comes with being the lone guy at the top of the hill).

Hopefully Polaris and Ski-Doo can get there bug's worked out so I can read some positive posts. But if the sled forecast continues with the current trend that we've seen for the last few years, I'll be 100% content with buying more cats.

For now, I'll just continue to debate with myself on which turbo kit to get for an M8.

S

skimike

Dec 21, 2009
bakersfield
I think the snowmobile industry on a whole is far behind todays technology, they making engines ok but the rest of the sled in my opinion is behind, I dont see any innovative cutting edge suspensions or electric power steerings, I think they are stale.

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
you want or even need to put power steering on a mountain sled!! i hope you get the only one...... the m-chassis work's. PERIOD .

what more do you want out of a suspension!

look at how far snowmobiles have come in the last 15 years.

do you live under a rock?!

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I think the snowmobile industry on a whole is far behind todays technology, they making engines ok but the rest of the sled in my opinion is behind, I dont see any innovative cutting edge suspensions or electric power steerings, I think they are stale.

I agree with you 100%. OH, stay in California. We just have out dated junk out here in the sticks.

Premium Features